World Trade Center

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

World Trade Center

Postby Kaing of Kaings » August 13th, 2006, 3:40 pm

Every once in a while, a movie comes along that warrants not making fun of it. This is one of those. Like United 93 this movie's subject doesn't present itself to being lampooned.

World Trade Center stars Nicholas Cage as John McLoughlin who was one of the twenty survivors pulled from the rubble after the World Trade Center collapsed. The other Port Authority officer trapped with John was Will Jimeno who was played by Michael Pena in this movie. Both Port Authority Officers barely escaped getting crushed when the buildings begin to collapse and they are trapped underneath. Now they face what could only be described as hell as they wait for rescue while their wives wait in their own hell to hear if they are alive.

Oliver Stone, whom directed such great movies like Platoon and such shitty movies like Alexander takes a lighter note here with his movie and this is probably one of his more sentimental films. There are slow parts and as the movie flashes between the men trapped and their wives, it does kind of get monotonous. The parts in the rubble are the most affective as are the rescue scenes. This isn't one of Olivers best movies however.

As far as the subject matter, we all know what happened. I don't feel it is too early to tell this story because we do need to remember that there was evil that day...but there also was a lot of good in people too. That was the main message of the movie too. Sure there is evil, but people are capable of doing good things in the face of that evil just because it's the right thing to do. Hea.

So anyway, I give this movie 3 out of 4 stars. Not an Oscar winner by any means and not as intense as United 93 but some of the scenes are powerful in their own right.

Director Oliver Stone directs in the rubble.

Minutes before the building collapse.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » September 16th, 2006, 2:12 am

3 stars out of 4 for me too, well worth the drive to West Valley to one of the biggest most annoying theaters I've ever been to, the Carmike Ritz 15.

Oh yeah, I had an excellent burger (and a corona) at the Ruby Tuesdays across the street.

This movie did have its slow moments, but its not like we want to sit through two hours of being stuck in the rubble. We have to learn what happened to these two men who risked their lives that day. This movie, like United 93, only shows us how America was united on that day, and no matter who you were, you were American. Nobody cared if you were black or white, no one cared what you ate for breakfast, everyone cared about each other that day, and we must never forget what happened on 911.

Nicolas Cage's speech at the end of the film tells it all, what human beings are capable of, and how no one can crush the spirit of a country united.

Now we must also remember who did this, and if there is still any anger, which there is, who am I kidding, fuck the assholes who want to mess with America, if you don't like it so bad, DON'T FUCKING COME HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE. We don't want you're scum here.

There is absolutely no excuse why 3000 people had to die on September 11, 2001. What was the point? All I know is that I wish there was a nuke with Iran and Iraq, Siria and all the fuckheads who hate America and our way of live's heads.

Violence breeds more violence though, and we're smarter than that, and better than that. We all want revenge for what happened on 911, but we must remember, what comes around, goes around.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Hea

Postby Kaing of Kaings » September 16th, 2006, 12:20 pm

Stu, one of the reasons Muslims hate us so much is because we go over there with our oil hungry policies and try to manipulate their governments. One could argue that it is in our best interest to use all the foreign oil since we use the most oil in the world. Muslims and other countries don't just attack us for no reason, stu or otherwise.

Iraq had nothing to do with 9-11 although im sure Saddam was happy that day. Bush made the mistake of diverting our troops to Iraq, which was never a terrorist haven until we got there and destabilized the region. Granted Saddam was a bad guy and needed to be killed. I still believe that there could of been a better way to get rid of him other than to blow up infrastructure and invade the country only to be in the situation we are i now. It's not to say Iraq might work out, and I hope it does. We just have a dumb ass at the wheel who believes "Stay the Course" is the only way to victory.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews