Little Miss Sunshine - (Little Miss Dysfunctional Family)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Little Miss Sunshine - (Little Miss Dysfunctional Family)

Postby Kaing of Kaings » September 11th, 2006, 12:22 am

Ok, lets face it. Everybody has a dysfunctional family. Ever since the 1990s, it has been common place for dysfunctional families to exist. That's not to say they didn't exist since the Cro Magnon and Neanderthal Man days, but the 1990s was a time of expression and a time without Bush. Never mind that last rant, Clinton was stu too.

Anyway, Little Miss Sunshine is a movie about a dysfunctional family becoming a family. At the center is Little Miss Sunshine herself, Olive. Olive just got the opportunity to go to a beauty pageant in Los Angeles. Their family lives in Albuquerque and are struggling to make money to get by. There is a heroin addict grandpa, a silent Stuboy, a gay uncle, a caring wa lady and a winning obsessed dad. Despite there disfunctionality, they decide to go to California so Olive can have her day in the sun. And then, the shit starts to hit the fan. Through these experiences, we gradually see the family grow and mature. They become closer and we actually care about the characters. I was really impressed by Steve Carrell's performance and it's probably the first movie I have scene him where he didn't annoy me. Greg Kinnear did a good job along with the other actors, including Little Miss Sunshine herself. hea.

There are some funny parts in the movie too. I laughed more at this movie than I did at Talladega Nights. They even drive through Flagstaff and you can see me in the cherry colored Chevy blazer trying to get to work. I was like, elll, I drive that stretch of I-40 everyday on my way to work. Anyway, I left the theater smiling and feeling better than I did when I went in.

Thats not to say this is a perfect movie. It is one of the better movies I have scene this year so far but not perfect. My woman really enjoyed the movie and she gives it 3.75 stars out of 4. I give it 3.5 stars out of four. It's a good hearted movie underneath all the negativity and when the family comes together at the end, you realize that despite all the shit they go through, its the family unit itself, that wins. It's a good date movie too unless your woman is offended by language and a gay character.

It's the family of the new Millennium, The stu dad, the gay uncle, the Stuboy, the critical wa, and the Little Miss Sunshine.

This typically happens every time my family goes on vacation.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » September 16th, 2006, 12:12 am

Ell, we just saw this movie and I pretty much agree with you on the review. Carolyn did like the movie a little better then me too so her and Jennifer are in agreeance as well. Movie does kind of start stu, but the ending is hillarious. I liked the leeroy grandpa character, funny shiznit.
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby TheStuboy » February 10th, 2007, 2:09 am

I'm not sure what all the hype was about, but I enjoyed this movie nontheless.

Wuss was right, its not perfect, but it still manages to have an original story and heavy character developement.

This also shows how Steve Carrell potentially has a range as far as acting, meaning, he isn't always just a funny man.

Is it weird, but the Olive character reminded me of wusstopher's Jennifer for some reason. She was a good actress.

I saw numerous continuity errors in this film, and 3 have been noted on the moviemistakes.com website.

LMS gets 3.2 stars out of 4.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews