Flagstaff DXes Pocatello ID thanks to a Fire

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Flagstaff DXes Pocatello ID thanks to a Fire

Postby Kaing of Kaings » June 15th, 2006, 1:48 pm

A fire yesterday knocked out power on the western side of Flagstaff and took out 930 KAAF AM which is located close to my office and close to where the fire was. On my way back to my house last night from my womans place I was DXing 930 and heard commercials for Pocatello, ID. I never heard them ID but im sure it was Pocatello cause it was coming in relatively clear.
I got 930 KSEI, Pocatello, ID, news/talk.

Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

by the way

Postby Kaing of Kaings » June 15th, 2006, 1:53 pm

I noticed that the KBSU from Boise ID is on the wrong frequency on the Flagstaff page. It is actually 730, not 930. Thanks for fixen it Stuboy. HEa.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » June 15th, 2006, 8:20 pm

One new station of note tonight:

1440 KMED Medford, OR. N/T/AH 5/1kW

Listened for about 40 minutes till I had an ID and 100% confirmation. Was IDing but kept fading out. Playing stu Dr Laura show, hate that bitch. 9 Oregon stations makes OR the #2 state for Dxing from N. CA

Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby leeroy_t » June 17th, 2006, 12:02 pm

One new station Friday night:

KDOW 1680 Seattle, Business/Religous/Indian 10/1

This is a very odd station, I believe it has business news during the day but when I heard it was playing a mix of christian unce and indian unce music. It didnt have a break till the top of the hour when it IDed. I thought it said KF something but this is definetly KDOW as thats what RL and FCC say it is, had commercials for Washington state, and I remember this used to be indian-hindi format when I lived in Seattle. It was coming in pretty clear last night.

Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby TheStuboy » June 19th, 2006, 1:46 pm

El, I finally got around to updating the site. I've been working the past 6 days so I missed this one on the forums. Also, for some reason, the forum is not alerting me to new posts as it used to, might have to check out the settings.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Radio room