Ell DXo esta Gayo

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Ell DXo esta Gayo

Postby Kaing of Kaings » April 17th, 2006, 9:31 pm

Ell, I got two new DXes today. The first is 1570 KPRO, from Riverside, CA, Religious. I heard it this morning on the way to work and on my way back. I didn't catch the ID but I heard commercials for Riverside and Fontana. I also heard a sports station on that frequency, a spanish station, and an oldies station. No IDs on those yet.

Then I switched over to 950 and heard 950 KKFN from Denver, CO, Sports. I didn't hear and ID either but I think they were playing a Nuggets game and they had commercials for Rocky Mountain stuff and Colorado.

Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » April 18th, 2006, 12:02 am

Several new stations today for No CA as well, of note are KFXX Portland, formerly KOTK. And good old K-STU KTWO Casper. First and probably only WYO station from No CA. No more truckin Bozo on KTWO, they have Phil Hendry now. KTWO very clear, I should record it some night.
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Elll.

Postby Kaing of Kaings » April 18th, 2006, 9:43 pm

Got two new stations today. First off, I got Radio Disney 1110 KDIS, from Pasadena, CA, Childrens. It was coming in pretty good. Didn't hear an ID but they said Radio Disney and played enought gay music.

Then on the way home, I tuned it to good ol' 1570. A gringo was coming in pretty good and I waited till the hour. I am positive it is 1570 XERF from Ciludad Acuña in Coahuila, Mexico. I heard them say XER...in spanish and the station is 250KW so it's got to be it. It is across the Rio Grand in Texas from Del Rio. Here is a map. I know this is the map for XERF but it gives Stu the general Location. Hea.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Ell,

Postby Kaing of Kaings » April 18th, 2006, 11:11 pm

I can finally say that I got 900 XEW from Mexico City. I have been trying to get this for weeks now to no avail but last night I heard them say W Radio a couple times and I thought I heard tonight again. I also heard Mexico Colonia a bunch of times which leads me to believe they are talking about the Capitol City of Mexico. Weird station because they switch off from German to Spanish (predominately spanish). Anyway, I'm pretty sure I got it. HEA. Two 250K stations from Mexico in one night. Hea.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » April 18th, 2006, 11:19 pm

Ya, I figured it was XEW all along, not much else it could be. Only got one station so far today, thats the Oakland Intl Airport HAR on 1700. Though I havent done a full scale dx yet tonight.
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Return to Radio room