Central Idaho DX - January 2013

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Central Idaho DX - January 2013

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 5th, 2013, 1:07 am

Ell, got the first DX catch for Grangeville tonight just minutes ago. A strong mexican and weak mexican station were coming in on 1010 AM earlier. Tonight the strong one was dominate and with my DX antenna was coming in clear. It was 1010 KCHJ, Delano, CA, Spanish. I heard a clear ID and all and a Rooster crows after the ID. You might want to see if you can hear this Justin.

Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Re: Central Idaho DX - January 2013

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 13th, 2013, 2:19 pm

Ell, The DX gods were smiling at me yesterday on 1/12/13. On the way down the mountain after cross country skiing I heard a HAR coming in on 530 that was doing weather broadcasts for Lewiston, Moscow and Pullman area. A lady came on and did an ID and I could have sworn she IDed the station as KTW with some numbers I didn't quite catch after words. Checking the FCC site, the closest HAR on that frequency is in Pullman WA, It has to be 530 WQKR988, Pullman, WA, HAR because there is nothing closer on that frequency that would be doing weather for Lewiston, Moscow and Pullman area.

Also, about 1522 PST I heard a sports station on 1340 and didn't think much of it until the power increased and a lady came in and did the ID and local commercials came on for 1340 KTOQ, Rapid City, SD, N/T. When I got home, I checked the formatting and it matched up to their ESPN sports show. HEa hea. If you don't have this one already, you should be able to get it Justin.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » January 14th, 2013, 4:46 pm

Hea, I couldn't sleep this morning so I did a quick DX and got two stations. KWWN 1100 Vegas was in, stu you have this one. I also got KKIM 1000 from Albuquerque, NM. The station is 10kw day and 38 watts at night. Chances are it was on the day power. You might want to try for this stu and lee. I bet KOMO will over power it though I could barely hear KOMO under this station.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 15th, 2013, 10:13 pm

Ell I can try for Albuquerque. Today, the DX gods smiled on me again. I got a station I have been trying to get for a long time. I heard a partial ID and Fox Sports Radio announcement for 1450 KGRZ, Missoula, MT, Sports. By the way, check out their message board. Everybody hates Fox Sports and wants them to go back to ESPN.

Tonight, I got 870 KLSQ, Whitney,NV, Spanish. It was coming in pretty clear and the only Spanish heard on that frequency.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 17th, 2013, 8:47 pm

Ell, just freshly confirmed via phone with Sheridan DX, I got 1000 KKIM, Albuquerque, NM, Religious. It was coming in surprisingly strong here in northern Idaho with no KOMO in site (or sound).

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 26th, 2013, 11:24 pm

Ell, was talking to Justin on the phone on the way home from Moscow and heard a strong Oldies on 1200. Turns out it was 1200 KYAA, Soquel, California, Oldies. I heard commercials, a clear as day ID and everything. Surprised I haven't got this one yet since it is a 25/10K station.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 28th, 2013, 10:46 pm

Ell, got another one tonight. I think I got this one last week but I confirmed it today. I got 1460 KENO, Las Vegas, NV, Sports. The ID is in English and goes by quick but I heard it. Hea hea.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 30th, 2013, 10:32 pm

Ell, I am surprised but January has been a good DX month. Didn't expect to get this many stations. Today I got 930, KRKY, Granby, CO, Country. It was coming in fairly clear around 5:00PM PST here. Heard local commercials and news.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Radio room