The Ballsach Cannonball

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

The Ballsach Cannonball

Postby Kaing of Kaings » March 15th, 2006, 10:06 pm

Ell, got two new stations today all while DXing with my Grundig while eating dinner. Both came in pretty clear.

First off I got 1080 KSCO from Santa Cruz, CA, News Talk. It was coming in good and IDed a couple times.

Next I got 1280 KDOX from Henderson Nevada, Talk. The radio tower locator site says its spanish format but it has changed format to Talk according to the FCC and I heard them say Southern Nevada's news talk. So here it is.

Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » March 15th, 2006, 10:33 pm

Thats funny, I never thought the FCC said the stations formats. Where are you getting your format info from the FCC?
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » March 15th, 2006, 10:55 pm

Ell, those are both stations I have too. I havent heard KDOX in a while so I didnt know they changed formats. ellroy!
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

The 700 Club

Postby Kaing of Kaings » March 16th, 2006, 9:01 pm

Ell, The gods of DX are smiling on me today. I gave them a thumbs up for the DX today. Anyway, I realized yesterday that I didn't have anything on 760, so I DXed for it and right off the bat this morning I got two clear confirms on that frequency.

First off, I got 760 KFMB from San Diego, Talk.

Second off, I was getting close to work and another station on 760 started coming in clear and I never heard an ID but they had commercials for Denver and were talking about I-25 traffic. This has to be 760 KKZN from Thorton, CO, Talk.

When I got home, I turned on the radio and turned it between 700 and 850 and got a clear station. It turns out it was 780 KKOH, Reno Nevada, Talk and I heard them clearly ID a couple times. I have been trying to get that one for a long time so KAZM from Sedona must be on low power now. Anyway, thank you Radio Gods...you rock the sac.

P.S. Thats cool you found those old Casper DX logs. Maybe you will find the map Mantha Pooed on.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » March 16th, 2006, 10:11 pm

Ell, its about time you got KKOH.
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby TheStuboy » March 16th, 2006, 10:19 pm

No I through that out. I didn't find any more logs but I'm going to start checking floppy disks because I remember logging stations on a file too. The gods of DX got me a few more stations for GR too. I'm hearing ones I already have though.

Once you get around 150 stations stu, the frequency that you get them will slow down. You will only get a few stations a week instead of three a day.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » March 17th, 2006, 7:55 pm

Ya, after the 150 station level, it takes a lot of work to get more stations. I can probably get 10-15 new gringos its just a matter of if I am patient enough to try for them. They are so annoying to try to ID as demonstrated by the other night. Took us almost an hour and a half using two dx locations to finally ID one.
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby TheStuboy » March 18th, 2006, 12:53 am

Phone DX Confirmation may be a good way to speed up dxing in the future. Say I have a station from LA that doesn't ID. I can call Leeroy and confirm it via phone.

I return to SLC on Sunday. I might do some dxing next week as I return to a pretty normal schedule with bowling on Friday nights followed by car dxing. I might have a change in plans though if I go bowling with someone 8)
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » March 18th, 2006, 2:01 pm

If you are dxing during the week and you think I can help you confirm a southern CA station, give me a call. Every other weekend Im real busy so you may not catch me then.
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Return to Radio room