KSPA no GAY SPA

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

KSPA no GAY SPA

Postby Kaing of Kaings » March 13th, 2006, 12:02 am

Ell, I was DXing after Stuboy and I did the first DX radio confirm over a cell phone for KAAF Country out of Flag. I tuned my radio to 1510 and got an oldies stations. They said "You have found the Spa", and then I heard them ID. And so I now have 1510, KSPA, Ontario Ca, Oldies...no gay spa.

Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » March 13th, 2006, 1:06 am

El, both the gr and fagstaff sites are now up to date with the new stations. I finally got a proxy to work for RL so I could access data again. I made up a list of possible stations I could get from ID, UT, WY, CO, and MT, from here in GR. Almost all of these stations are 5kw or better at night so the chances of hearing them are esier. There are quite a few stations from ID I could get, as well as MT.

P.S. updating the website is a real pain in the ass without Frontpage. The editor I have (AceHTML) doesn't let you see what you are doing until you are done. It is all HTML coding. Oh well, its mostly copy and paste anyways. I miss Frontpage though. Also it doesn't help that this comp is a POS.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Another day another DX

Postby Kaing of Kaings » March 13th, 2006, 9:48 pm

Another day another DX

Ell, for some reason there are tons of stations coming in now and some are pretty clear. This morning I got two new ones and both IDed pretty clear.

First off, I tuned to 1310 to get that Idaho station but instead I got 1310 KFKA Greeley CO, News/Talk. It was coming in pretty good.

Second, I turned it to a random station and ended up on 1220. Once again a station was coming in clear and they IDed as 1220 KNTS, Palo Alto, CA, Talk.

For a minute, I heard some Rap/R&B on 1510 and it was coming in clear but then I never heard it again. I know it's not KSPA because I could hear it in the background. Any ideas Leeroy?[/list]

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » March 13th, 2006, 10:16 pm

no idea what R&B could have been on 1510, unless it was just a commercial or a lead in to a show.
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

ELLL. BIG FIND

Postby Kaing of Kaings » March 13th, 2006, 10:58 pm

I am currently DXing with Leeroy over the phone as I type. We are trying to find out what a 1180 mexican station is. It is playing American music from the 60s 70s and 80s and I heard XEB...something. Not sure what it is from but Leeroy has confirmed it too by tuning in.

While we were doing this, I got KOFI a couple minutes ago, it came in for a second but I heard it . 1180 KOFI from Kalispell, MT which is Oldies. Ell.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » March 13th, 2006, 11:51 pm

KGRINGO no Gay KGRINGO.... Leeroy and I confirmed after an hour and 20 minutes of our new method , DX Triangulation, we finally confirmed XEDCH, We confirmed it through an ID and a slogan, "La Romantica". So we got 1180, XEDCH from Cd.Delicias, Chihuahua, Mexico. They claim their music is romantic but I dont consider Queen's We will rock you and Low Rider romantic songs. They were playing all American songs but IDed in Spanish and I heard the ID several times.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » March 14th, 2006, 11:30 am

Ell, tried to continue the Gringo dx last night, heard one on 1030, turns out it was XESDD Puerto Nuevo, BN. It isnt a new station. Anyways I dxed on the way to work too and got a new station north of Sacramento.

1600 KUBA Yuba City, CA 5/2.5 Oldies

Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

KNAK no Gay KNAK

Postby Kaing of Kaings » March 14th, 2006, 7:58 pm

Ell, using Leeroy's patended search for stations on frequencies where you have no stations method paid off this morning. I got 540 KNAK from Delta, UT, Talk.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Radio room