Two Big Guns captured and Two Little Guns too

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Two Big Guns captured and Two Little Guns too

Postby Kaing of Kaings » March 1st, 2006, 9:44 pm

Ell, Today was the great getting up day. I had my ADOT Run today and I left my apt. at 430 in the morning to start my journey. I started out my ambitious DXpedition. First off, I got 870 WWL from New Orleans, News/talk. Apparently it is still around after Hurricane Katrina.

Then, pretty much right after that, I switched over 1000 and got KOMO from Seattle news. Ell I am posittive I heard it because they were talking about King County and then they said KOMO a couple times.

When I was driving around Seligman, I heard 630 KFXD from Boise, ID. Since I didn't get this from Flag yet don't add it but I bet I will some day. Hea.

Then on the way back I picked up 860 KMVP from Phoenix, Sports and I got a positive ID. This was during the day by the way and in Flag.

Then I switched over to 740 and heard the Gringo again...during the day. I heard them say Ka, ..and I heard Ka but couldn't make out what was out but then I heard them say Phoenix after the ID. I'm pretty sure its 740 KIDR from Phoenix. However, the Radio Locator says its a Gospel Music but it is definatly not. It is espaniol. I think this has to be it. They must of changed their format.

Image[/list]
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » March 2nd, 2006, 8:57 pm

Ellllllllllllll!!!! I told you WWL was still on, I was listening to it when I was back in WI the week after Hurricane Katrina. It never went off the air. Ell, you can count kfxd cause seligman isnt that far away and I think we counted stations we heard from the grand canyon anyways. Very productive dx, good job sir.

Next time you listen in the early morning, try KGA 1510 Spokane
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby TheStuboy » March 2nd, 2006, 10:29 pm

Ell, he is only 7 more stations away from my 119 here in SL. I better get DXing!
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

More Guns to touch your buns

Postby Kaing of Kaings » March 6th, 2006, 9:19 pm

Ell, got 3 new stations today.

Driving to work I tuned to 1270 to try and get KBZZ from Sparks, NV. There were a bunch of stations going but I heard KBZZ in the back ground and this was confirmed on the way home when I heard them say 1270 "The Buzz". So here it is 1270 KBZZ Sparks, NV, Talk.

Then this morning I heard a country station playing on 1270 as well. On the way home I heard a lady say, your listening to Classic Country 1270 and I knew it had to be 1270 KJUG from Tulare, CA, Classic Country. There are no closer country stations on the dial.

Then, I tuned to 630 to try and pick up KFXD and I could hear these commercials coming in pretty strong. They kept on going and going untill they said KFXD. So I got my first Idaho Station 630 KFXD, Boise ID, Classic Country. I picked this station up last Wednesday from Seligman, Az. It was coming in strong so Leeroy and Stuboy should be able to pick it up.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » March 6th, 2006, 9:25 pm

Ell, I got KBZZ and KJUG, those travel pretty far during the day. I think I have that Boise station from WA only. If I move to SF I will probably get it there too.
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Another day

Postby Kaing of Kaings » March 7th, 2006, 8:00 pm

Ell, Driving back from work I got 1250 KNEU, Roosevelt, UT Hot Country almost crystal clear althought it was going in and out. I heard them clearly ID and they had a commercial for the Roosevelt Big Gay tires store. Here it is.

I am also pretty sure I got 1030 KEVT, Cortaro Az, Spanish because it comes in pretty clear even during the day sometimes. I haven't heard them ID but I dont know what else it can be unless its the one from CA. So here it is.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » March 7th, 2006, 9:13 pm

ell, I got both those from so cal too. KNEU travels pretty far, so not suprising you could hear it pretty clear. Your dx station must have passed Stus SLC site by now
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby TheStuboy » March 7th, 2006, 9:40 pm

He still has two to go.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » March 7th, 2006, 10:43 pm

Ell, I was on a walking DX tonight and I had AM 1300 on, it was definetly 1300 cause I heard KROP playing country music and they IDed. In the background I heard a station that played Devo and Dire Straits, any idea what this station could be. Im thinking it might be a Mex station playing American music but I cant confirm.
hea hea
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby TheStuboy » March 7th, 2006, 11:54 pm

http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/in ... service=AM
Although it might be a MX station that I can't find. It might also be a harmonic, but from what it sounds like, it likely isn't.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Radio room