Daytime DX Rocks my Sac

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Daytime DX Rocks my Sac

Postby Kaing of Kaings » February 25th, 2006, 4:34 pm

Ell, I got 5 new stations today while driving around and doing errans. First off, I finally got 1450 KVSL from Show Low, AZ which is a Nostalgia Station.

Then I got 1340 KIKO from Miami, AZ which after talking to Stuboy is a rare find...especially during the day. It is an Adult Contemporary Station.

Then, while doing some more errons, I picked up this Gringo on 1150 which was coming in pretty good. It has to be KCKY 1150 from Coolige, AZ, Spanish.

Then I switched over to 1190 and heard another Gringo. This one has to be KNUV 1190 from Tolleson. The funny thing is the Radio locator site says it's an unknown format but that is the only 1190 in the state.

Then on the way back home I tuned to 1440 and hear a strong Oldies station coming in. It is none other than KAZG, 1440, Arizona Gold from Scottsdale. I heard them ID and I am 100% positive I got this.

Anyway, it's been a good DX day overall. Hea.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » February 26th, 2006, 3:45 pm

Ell, lots of stations here recently. Need to go after some TX stations.
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Elll

Postby Kaing of Kaings » February 26th, 2006, 5:43 pm

Got another daytime DX station today. This one is 1400 KSUN from Phoenix, Spanish. It sounded far away but I could tell it is Gringo and it looks to be the nearest Gringo on 1400. I am open for debate on whether it coudl be KESQ from Indio, CA but I don't think it is. My bet is it is Phoenix. Anyway, here you have it.

Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » February 27th, 2006, 9:44 pm

probably not kesq Indio, cause thats on the other end of the valley here and I can barely hear it at night.
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Return to Radio room