New WA Station

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

New WA Station

Postby leeroy_t » October 12th, 2008, 12:30 am

Tonight I was going on different frequencies and just listening for anything I could hear and if I heard something really faint I would wait for its signal to come in better. I ended up getting my 8th WA station.

1420 KUJ Walla Walla, WA Country, 5/.9kW

Radio locator says this is news/talk station but it was playing country and IDing as KUJ Country music. My dx records show I heard this station from both Seattle and Missoula but I have it as N/T back then. You should try to hear this one Stu, if there arent local stations on this frequency. It IDs a lot and plays ocuntry music so easy to identify. Also probably a lot closer to you then to me.

Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby TheStuboy » October 17th, 2008, 2:04 am

I got it. ELL

This AM I was recording some new IDs (like KGVO) for the site and happened upon the country station on 1420. After two songs I heard a guy say 1420 KUJ am and 102.9 FM KUJ Country. I got the full ID recorded and on the site.

I am now 1 away from 300.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » October 20th, 2008, 12:01 am

Hea Hea! Cool

I just listened to the recording, no doubt about it. Not many stations with 3 letter call signs anymore. I knew you should be able to hear that one if nothing local was blocking it.

Ell, I was down in Long Beach because Carolyn had some work event I was helping out with and Gomps and Shannon were performing at. It was on the Queen Mary ship where George Noory often broadcasts from. They also film a lot of tv shows and movies there. Gomps recently filmed a Ghost Whisperer episode with Jennifer Love Huge Tits there. The ship is supposedly really haunted, its musty to say the least. They have a huge haunted house on board where all the local G's go around Halloween.
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Return to Radio room