KOVO AM 960 switches formats

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

KOVO AM 960 switches formats

Postby TheStuboy » January 16th, 2008, 7:11 pm

Without warning today, the local annoying sports talk from Provo, KOVO 960 AM, switched to an even more annoying format, regional mexican. As if this area needed another gringo station.

Here is the current amount of these super annoying (never IDing) stations in the valley as of present.

KDUT 102.3 FM
    ]KOVO 960
    KSVN 730
    KMRI 1550
    KXTA 1600
    KBJA 1640
    KXOL 1660

7!!! stations! Come on. Whats next, KDYL 1060 goes spanish? KKAT changes its format again this year to spanish. Honestly, how many annoying stations to do we need in Salt Lake City. I hope that KOVO goes to something decent like KINF Roswell used to do.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » January 16th, 2008, 7:46 pm

Along with the format change from KOVO, several other major changes to the AM band here in stu lake may be in the works. I'm getting a headache from trying to rush to update both wikipedia and ubstudios dx sites to display the new information.

If you guys hear something new from Utah on the radio, make sure you check out this forum too:

http://utahradionews.proboards2.com/

They seem to be pretty good at keeping up with the changes. I swear KOVO just changed today as last night when I created the wikipedia article for it, it was still sports. This is driving me nuts. KXTA is gone now, its KTUB. Make sure you update your sites leeroy.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » January 17th, 2008, 8:08 pm

I dont think Ive ever heard KOVO before, to weak probably.
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Return to Radio room