Official UBSTUDX rules/regs/tips

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Official UBSTUDX rules/regs/tips

Postby TheStuboy » September 24th, 2007, 11:48 pm

Below is a list of official rules and regulations for UbstuDXers everywhere.

Confirming a Station
    All stations must be confirmed to the best ability before being added to the site.
    Any means of confirmation can be used, whether it be via an online broadcast of said station, telephone with another DXer (works very well), or listening for an ID.

Station Changes
    A station that changes frequency but stays in the same town of broadcast is a new log.
    A station that changes towns counts as a new station.
    A station that goes off air and does not come back on will not effect totals.
    A format change does not effect counts.
    All changes to a station are subject to the same confirmation.

Tips
    Turning the radio in a different direction may allow for more stations to be received. This is called nulling, and is especially useful if you have many local signals.
    Always use a good antenna and radio if possible. The better the antenna/radio, the more stations received. In other words, you get what you pay for.
    Radio-Locator's ghey limit can be circumvented with proxies. Go Here and type http://www.radio-locator.com into one of the boxes and hit go. This is only good when Radio-Locator's limits have come up. I recommend opening a new browser window to do this.

Do you guys see anything I missed, add it below, and happy DXing.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Radio room