XEIB - The first official station confirmed by two dxers

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

XEIB - The first official station confirmed by two dxers

Postby TheStuboy » September 12th, 2007, 5:18 pm

Wuss and I both confirmed and heard XEIB 1170 from Corboca, Sonora the other day, and we used the telephone to confirm that we were both hearing the same station at the same time.

After rigorous searching on the net that spanned a day and a half, the station was finally confirmed to be XEIB. This one isn't tough to hear but the ID is terribly difficult to understand, as it comes usually between 6 and 4 minutes before the hour, instead of right on it like US stations. Radio-locator and the FCC have their logs out of date and say this is a daytimer only, but we believe they changed this and upped the power to at least 10kw.

The station often wins against KFAQ (Tulsa, OK) however, last night when trying to reconfirm it, KFAQ was winning hands down.
It is also odd that whenever Wuss couldn't hear the station clear, I could hear it very clear, and vice versa. This doesn't necessarily mean the station has a directional antenna, it could just be the broadcast traveling the distance doing the job.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Radio room