DX Season starts early?

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

DX Season starts early?

Postby TheStuboy » September 4th, 2007, 12:53 am

Thanks to my 29.99 purchase at Radioshack of my brand new amplified indoor AM/FM antenna, I can FINALLY dx inside my dorm room with minimal interference. This thing kicks ass!

To prove it kicks ass, I got two new stations:

KNST 790 Tucson, AZ ID said "You can listen to news from abc, nbc, cbs or fox, thats right our news is Fox News radio, this is 790 KNST Tucson." I was like LEEEE!

Prior to this, I was listening to KFAB and could hear a kelly clarkson song in the background. I tuned to 910 and found it was off a bit, but it was the same. Alas! Radio Disney KDIS 1110 Pasedena, California! ELLLL

This new antenna, catalog number 15-1859 sits on my windowsill and connects directly, and almost flawlessly to my Grundigity S350. I had to do some wire stripping but its connected now and the FM is even improved.

Due to RL being gay, I can't post maps, but there ya go. Two new stations and a ton of unconfirmed gringos.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Radio room