July DX

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

July DX

Postby Kaing of Kaings » July 11th, 2007, 11:55 pm

July DX kicked off on July 9th early morning. After a no new DX signals received in June, July kicked off modest for off season, I got a new one on the 9th. I got 1330 KWKW, Los Angeles,CA, Spanish. It was on my ADOT run right at 6:00 AM when I heard the tail end of the ID but I heard KW.. Los Angeles in english which was enough to tell me what it was.

Tonight, 7-11-07 on my way back from dinner, I got another Spanish station from California which was confirmed through internet radio. I got 1020 KTNQ, Los Angeles, CA, Spanish. I could barely hear the ID over KCKN Roswell which also turns into religious spanish around 9:00 PM. At home, I tuned into the station on the computer and heard a girl gringo and a boy gringo switching off. On my grundigity, I could hear the same thing only barely. KCKN is a powerfull station and since LA and Roswell are west and east of hear respectively, it's hard to single one out. I'm glad I got it though. I'm tired of listening to all that fire and brimstone shit KCKN plays at night.

Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » July 12th, 2007, 11:26 pm

Ell, I heard KCKN in Puerto Vallarta Mexico, I bet they broadcast religious mexican crap because they can reach the entire northern half of Mexico at night.
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Return to Radio room