I Should have Dxed that station from Albuquerque

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Postby Kaing of Kaings » February 26th, 2007, 8:45 pm

Elll, got a new NM station today. While in Flag, I got 610, KNML, Albuquerque, NM Sports. I didn't hear an ID but I heard plenty to let me know this was it. The sports guy was talking about The Lobo's which is UNM's mascot and he was talking about recruiting. He had some callers and they were all from Albuquerque and mentioned that they wanted to see NM back on top again. They said 610 The Sports Animal which is their call. It was coming in pretty clear untill the station went off the air at approximately 5:47 MST. Its the only station that could be cause all the callers were local and from Albuquerque. So hea.

P.S. Tonight my ghost report will be online from the Jerome Ghost Hunt.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » February 28th, 2007, 1:26 pm

The Ghost report is online as is this station.

You didn't hear the station go off air per se it just went to night power, which in this case is weird since its 5kw night as well.

I have this station from GR and LAR so no surprises there. I can't get it here because of KVNU.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » February 28th, 2007, 7:39 pm

Albuequerque, one of the few cities I could hear from way down south of the border. of course it was KKOB and not this station.
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

NM DX kicks in

Postby Kaing of Kaings » February 28th, 2007, 10:34 pm

Ell, The New Mexico DX is kicking in. Today I got 810 KSWV, Santa Fe, NM, Regional Mexican. I was driving back from Cottonwood after dropping off some plans when I was by the Flag Airport and I heard this station come in. I think I heard them ID and then I clearly heard them say Northern New Mexico's news and information station. Then they went on to play gringo before going to low power around 5:30. So hea.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » March 1st, 2007, 8:53 pm

And another one. Today got 1600 KRKE, Albuquerque, NM, Oldies. It was coming in fairly clear on my way back to work and I clearly heard them ID.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Radio room