A Winter Storm blows in a new Station

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

A Winter Storm blows in a new Station

Postby Kaing of Kaings » December 18th, 2006, 8:02 pm

Actually, the station is not so new. I'm pretty sure I got this earlier but never really confirmed it. I got 550 KRAI, Craig, CO, Country. They were coming in fairly clear and kept on getting clearer. Then they said, you're listening to 55-Country which is their call. Last time I thought I heard them they said, "The Little Snake Valley's number one Country station." Turns out, Craig, CO is in the Little Snake River Valley. Anyway, I finnally got it.

Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Durango de Stu

Postby Kaing of Kaings » December 20th, 2006, 8:11 pm

Ell, got another station this morning. It was 1240, KDGO, from Durango, Co, News/Talk. It was only for a split second but as I was pulling out my driveway, I heard them ID and say, Durango's News/Talk station. I have been trying for this for a long time. The Colorado DX has turned out pretty successfull with only 3 on my list left. Next is the Nevada DX.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Finally, I Got it

Postby Kaing of Kaings » December 21st, 2006, 8:45 pm

I have been trying to get this station for a long time on and off and today, I finally got it. The station is 990 XET, Monterrey, Nuevo León, Mexico. I was driving from Clarkdale to Flagstaff from a mine site when near Flag I heard them ID. It was pretty clear too. As I got into Flag, I could still hear them talking. So Hea hea hea.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Carry On our Leeroy Son

Postby Kaing of Kaings » December 22nd, 2006, 1:16 am

Ell, got another station tonight from a new state. The first was from Mexico, Nuevo Leon. Now I got my first Kansas station. I got 1150 KSAL, Salina, KS, News/Talk tonight. You may remember Salina as the town where Roscoe got out of the car and ran underneath a police car. As I was driving to Red Lobster to meet my woman and her friend, I clearly heard them ID at the top of the hour. Hea hea.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » December 24th, 2006, 9:17 pm

Ell, not too many KS stations have been dxed.
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Return to Radio room