One 1470 Confirmed and another possible 1470 on the way.

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

One 1470 Confirmed and another possible 1470 on the way.

Postby Kaing of Kaings » September 18th, 2006, 8:23 pm

On the way to work this morning, I clearly heard 1470 KUTY out of Palmdale, CA, News/Talk. I didn't hear the Id but I heard them say Northern LA county's news/talk station and they were talking about Antelope Valley. So im 100% confirmed on this one.

I also think I got 1470 KNXN out of Sierra Vista, AZ, Religious. The station was coming in fairly clear and it kind of went out during the beginning of the hour but it was strong at the times surrounding it. They kept on saying something about going to http://www.KGMS.com where they had some local guy named Scott Richards doing a show. He was mentioning Tuscon. Now I don't know if 1470 KNXN is a translator for KGMS but I bet it is. I ask my fellow UBSTUdios personel to do some research and see if it is because I don't know where to look. 1470 KNXN is also the only religious 1470 on the west side of the Mississippi.

Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » September 18th, 2006, 8:25 pm

Ell, thats exactly how KUTY ids. I hear it quite often up in these parts, and the Lancaster-Palmdale area is known as the antelope valley. Dont know if there are any antelope there anymore, just AH type ppl living in remote desert compounds.
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

KNXN Confirmed

Postby Kaing of Kaings » September 19th, 2006, 9:01 pm

Ell, I confirmed 1470 KNXN, Sierra Vista, Az, Religious in two ways today. Number one, I barely heard them ID and say from Sierra Vista. Some powerful gringo was coming through which I think is the 10K 1470 from Tijuana, Norte Baha California.

Second, I heard them say visit our website at http://www.kgms.com. Sure enough, if you click on the little stations tab on the top, KNXN is one of the Good News Communications affiliates which concentrates on AZ. There are many other Christian stations in the Good News Communications network all along the southern border with Mexico which leads me to believe that this is a Christian conspiracy to convert all Mexicans in Mexico with a radio and all illegal immigrants crossing the border. Anyway, It is 100% confirmed.
Two 1470s in a row and probably another from Mexico.

Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » September 19th, 2006, 11:07 pm

El, site updated, except the mexico one. Only when its 100% confirmed will I add it. KANG!
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Radio room