New SLC and GR IDs are on the site

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

New SLC and GR IDs are on the site

Postby TheStuboy » August 20th, 2006, 10:55 pm

This afternoon after returning from Bendover after a terrible weekend of losing over 60$ to the extremely tight slots, I sat in my dorm room and decided to record some station IDs.

The results are three sports stations that almost never ID, and when they do, they are tricky, because 2 out of 3 are ESPN.

KJQS
KFNZ
KZNS

are the new IDs recorded from my new DX Dorm.

Note: There is not as much interference this year as previous years in the dorms. I conclude this is because I am on the third floor and the radio is fairly close to the window. Plus, I have less stuff this year, and am on the end of the hall right next to the outer wall.

I forgot what GR IDs are new, but check them out as well.
Along with the updates described on the main ubstudios page, I also plan on fixing GR and LARDX to bring them up to the new DXHTML Standards, which the SLC page is based off of. It basically means that the pages need to look cleaner and less jumbled.

I'll likely have a show on KUTE this semester as well, I want to do an Art Hess kind of show on Thursday nights from 8-10. That way, you stus can call in and report sightings of milo butts, etc.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » August 23rd, 2006, 8:48 pm

Good to hear you will have better dxing conditions this year. Hopefully your neighbors wont be stu.

That would be cool if you did an AH show this year on KUTE. Carolyn had a ghost sighting while we were at my Wa Ladys. She got up in the middle of the night and went to the bathroom and my aunt was sleeping out in the living room. Carolyn said she saw a shadowy figure standing over my aunt who she thought might have been my grandma. After she came back out of the bathroom the figure was still there and it waved at her so she was pretty freaked. She doesnt know if she really believes it, but thats what she said she saw.
Last edited by leeroy_t on August 23rd, 2006, 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby TheStuboy » August 23rd, 2006, 8:50 pm

El!! Why would your g-ma be at your wah's house?
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » August 23rd, 2006, 8:52 pm

Because my Aunt Helene was there, and she took care of my gma for a lot of her life.
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Return to Radio room