Two for one Monday.

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Two for one Monday.

Postby Kaing of Kaings » April 24th, 2006, 7:56 pm

Ell, I finally got the two 1230's I was going for. For once KINO was semi quite and they were broadcasting a live baseball game for the local Winslow high school. There were a lot of long dead air pauses to where I could hear two other 1230s competing.

Number one was 1230 KAAA from Kingman. AZ, News/talk. I could hear Bill O'Rieley on there and I was listening to KAAA all the way back from my ADOT stuff I did today over in the far west of the state.

I could also hear 1230 KOY, Phoenix, AZ, Nostalgia. I heard them ID several times while there was dead air on KINO. So HEA.

Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

HEa

Postby Kaing of Kaings » April 24th, 2006, 7:58 pm

God, Im so stu. I just realized I already had KOY. Oh well, I confirmed it today.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » April 25th, 2006, 11:51 am

Maps and page updated.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » April 25th, 2006, 8:28 pm

KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Kangman

I just got No. CA maps up on the website. I will be creating a No. CA zoomed in map pretty soon as well. hea hea DX likely to occur tonight now that I have mapped out how my apt lines up directionally compared to different cities.
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

New stations hea

Postby Kaing of Kaings » April 25th, 2006, 9:25 pm

Ell I got a new station today, I managed to get 1340 KTMM from Grand Junction, Co, Sports today. They were playing some basketball game and then they had commercials. They were talking about the Rockies baseball games and then I heard a commercial say here in Grand Junction. I'm surpised I got it seeings how 1340 is probably the most populated frequency on the dial. Hea.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » April 25th, 2006, 11:58 pm

Two big pick ups for me tonight, other then a few hessian CA stations, I used my new method of dxing to help me dx in certain directions (I will explain the method more later) Anyways I got

KSEI 930 Pocatello, ID (many commercials for Pocatello area businesses on 930 so this was definetly KSEI) Stu u should definetly be able to hear this if you havent all ready.

KXLY 920 Spokane, WA (were talking about Washington state a lot so I assumed this was it, was the right direction as well) Stu you might be able to hear this one as well. very directional, gets super clear, then completely fades.
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Ell New Mexican Station,

Postby Kaing of Kaings » April 27th, 2006, 10:12 pm

I tuned it to 670 after working out and tryed to get the Chicago station WSCR which Stuboy got from GR. I heard a gringo and they almost immediately IDed and I could hear X E... and what I thought was F but I think it was a T. Anyway, I looked and the closest Mexican station it could be is 670 XETOR from Torreón in the state of Coahuila. I'm pretty sure this is it. Look at you map Stuboy, this is located in the Southwest corner of Coahuila. Hea.

Buy the way, this is a good Mexican Radio Station information site. It is http://www.diccons.com/radio/komex1.htm
Hea.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » April 27th, 2006, 10:18 pm

Stu I can't confirm that one for you, its only 250 watts at night and 1 during the day. Given the distance and power, it is not likely that station. If you can for certain give me an ID, then I'll add it. X in Spanish sounds like "A Kiss" E sounds like Eh, T sounds like Tay F sounds like Effe.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Radio room