SLC Back in the game

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

SLC Back in the game

Postby TheStuboy » April 15th, 2006, 12:32 am

Seeing as how it was pouring rain after I went and did my usual bowling this evening, I thought, hey, perfect weather for a DX. So I got my handy dandy gap list out and checked out what was on.

I got four new stations tonight:

KTAR 620 Phoenix - Advertising Diamondbacks and local commercials

KLTX Long Beach, CA, the only likely and most powerful gringo on 1390

KLIX Twin Falls, ID 1310- Should have gotten this one earlier. I got this one via an AH confirmation using Dude Where's That Station?

Since RL has become gay with the allotment, I also got XERF from Ciudad Acuna, which I had from Lar and GR, so no real surprise. It is listed as one of the "BIG" Mexican stations afterall.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » April 15th, 2006, 11:16 am

Hea, I got an AH on 570 last night, its either KNRS SLC or KVI Seattle and Im almost positive its KNRS cause KVI never travelled very far. I will add it to the list and cconfirm it for certain real soon.
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby TheStuboy » April 15th, 2006, 12:29 pm

KNRS is pretty good about IDing when AH breaks for the hour etc. You should hear local commercials a lot too.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » April 15th, 2006, 4:05 pm

I will dx it again tonight, its very easy to hear 570 cause 560 is KSFO AH and 580 is KMJ AH so 3 AH frequencies all in a row. I was too tired to wait 30 minutes last night for the ID but will try it again.
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby leeroy_t » April 15th, 2006, 11:20 pm

No KNRS yet tonight, did get your neighbor KALL however tonight. 100% Confirmed. Was having Stutah commercials and sports talk.
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby TheStuboy » April 15th, 2006, 11:30 pm

That station is annoying, I hate how it splatters over three frequencies which shuts out 690 and 710 almost completely. It is almost as bad as what KSL does, KSL takes out five 1140-1180.

El, I am going to Antelope Island tomorrow.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » April 15th, 2006, 11:45 pm

Ell, just confirmed several more stations including 1 UT station. behind KALL was KMBX a low power G station 75 miles from here. Also got KOAL on 750 playing sports byline programming, and KXL Portland playing the Portland Trailblazers basketball game. hea hea That makes 3 OR stations and 5 UT stations now from No CA.
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby TheStuboy » April 15th, 2006, 11:53 pm

ELLL!! Its too late to DX here, being an hour ahead. Plus, I don't want to go out and sit in my cold car. I'll try DXing tomorrow night if I'm up for it.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » April 16th, 2006, 12:04 am

Also just got 570 KLAC Los Angeles, 1690 KFSG the Gringo near Sacramento and confirmed the mystery gringo on 1660 I was hearing in PS and now here. It is KTIQ Merced, it is no longer sports format, it is super gringo ranchero music on 1660. I waited for the top of the hour and it IDed in english.

Ell what is antelope island?

Also forgot to mention I drove by these three really old looking radio towers near the dumbarton bridge (hwy 84) that said KGO on them. they were out in the marshy flats of the bay. Could KGO use the Bay to help project its signal?
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby TheStuboy » April 16th, 2006, 12:09 am

Since I just finished my Wild Cherry Pepsi and have a caffiene buzz, I am heading out to my car to confirm a stubborn oldies station on 1050. I also might see what else is on, but there is no way in hell I am going to confirm the gringos I got yesterday. It would take too long.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Next

Return to Radio room