Operation Desert Queef

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Operation Desert Queef

Postby Kaing of Kaings » April 5th, 2006, 9:34 pm

Ell, I got three new stations today. Two were picked up because AM 930 KAAF was struck by lightning and off the air for a while.

First off, I got 990 KTKT, Tucson, AZ, Spanish. I heard them ID in English and i'm pretty sure this was it.

Next I was driving back to Flagstaff after doing my ADOT run. I killed a giant wasp, a brown recluse, and a black widow today, both spiders in the same room. Very scary. Anyway, it was getting blizardy when I drove back to flag and 930 was off the air. It must of been struck by lightning. This presented a golden opportunity to DX around 930 where there is usually a lot of bleed from KAAF.

First off, I tuned to 920 and finally got 920, KBAD from Las Vegas, NV, Sports. I never heard an ID but they had commercials for Las Vegas and the local area. It’s got to be it.

Then I got, 940 KNNZ Cedar City, Utah, talk.

Then I tuned to 930 and heard a pretty clear oldies or nostalgia but I never heard an ID. Unfortunately they got KAAF back on line and I was never able to get it. Any ideas?
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » April 7th, 2006, 1:41 pm

http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/in ... service=AM

Thats likely what it was, but good luck confirming it.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Finally got PAGE

Postby Kaing of Kaings » April 9th, 2006, 9:09 pm

Ell, I got 1340, KPGE from PAGE, AZ, Country. It was playing rock music today though but I am positive I got it. They say the weather a certain way every hour and I heard it from here in Flag. I heard them playing rock music and they said your listening to the Z 93, which is short for the 93.3 radio station out of Page that broadcasts on the same frequency sometimes. I have no map of the coverage of this station because I used up my chances on Radio Locator.com.

I also confirmed with Stuboy in Cedar City, UT that the Jazz station on 730 is KBSU and that I can hear it from here. It was coming in fairly good in Cedar City and so it can be heard here too. Stuboy mentioned that he would add KBSU to my list. Hea.

Also, we should keep track of Leeroy's new DX count and add a N. CA. count on the DX page. Hea.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » April 9th, 2006, 9:24 pm

Its already done stu, refresh the WYDX page to see the NCAL DX page etc.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Ell,

Postby Kaing of Kaings » April 10th, 2006, 9:35 pm

Ell, I got 1340 KCQL from Aztec, NM, Sports today as I was going to work out. I heard commercials for Aztec and Farmington and they kept saying your Sports leader or something like that. Anyway here it is.

Stu, don't forget to add KPGE and KBSU to my site too. Thanks.

I have a DX challenge for all those worthy. If anyone can find information on a spanish/german speaking station on 900 AM then let me know and I will give you a prize or a ballwarz. I think it might be XEW from Mexico City but they never seem to ID or I just dont hear it. Hea.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » April 10th, 2006, 10:24 pm

I don't have an answer about the 900 khz station yet but the maps and etc are finally up to date on the site stus.

Check out the 2006 B and F fest clip now on ubstudios.com
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » April 10th, 2006, 11:07 pm

900 is almost definetly XEW, its 250kW and I have heard it from PS so Im certain you could hear it.
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Return to Radio room