The hardest to find station is found tonight

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

The hardest to find station is found tonight

Postby TheStuboy » February 23rd, 2006, 9:17 pm

OMFG - KUGR From SLC!

I waited for the top of the hour for about five minutes in my car just listening to the clutter on 1490, hoping to hear the unmistakenable Cougar growl and ID. I watched my clock for 6:59:50 which is when the ID plays, and I didn't hear it, until a few seconds later. I could barely make it out, but given that I've heard it so many times, that was it. I also heard the CBS bing at the top of the hour. So there you go, KUGR finally is receivable from SLC, with a lot of searching.

KYFO sounded almost like it was directional, and there was another far off oldies station in the background that I won't be able to identify, but I deffinitely got KUGR....

Now I want to see if I can get Evanston from here which shouldn't be that hard. I return to GR tomorrow however.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » February 25th, 2006, 1:49 pm

Ell, its about time. Do you have KRKK yet? You should be able to hear Evanston easily from SLC.
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby TheStuboy » February 25th, 2006, 3:52 pm

Yeah I got KRKK back at the beginning of this month. KUGR was extremely hard to hear. I can hear Evanston here in GR if I car DX.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Radio room