Day of the DX part 2

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Day of the DX part 2

Postby Kaing of Kaings » February 10th, 2006, 7:57 pm

Well Stu, I finally took your advice and now I will only report on my DX catches once a day if I catch them. Today was a record in DX though and I caught some unexpected stations all when the sun was still up and one when the sun was high. Anyway, here it goes.

Started off with picking up KLO from Ogden, Ut on 1430 AM Talk Radio. Was coming in pretty good even though it was around 2:00 pm and the sun was out. I bet you can hear it crystal clear up in SLC Stuboy.

Anyway, my next catch was a combo. Both 1460 KENO from Las Vegas NV, Sports, and 1460 KZNT from Colorado Springs, CO, talk radio were fighting each other along with an unknown gringo in the back ground. I'm sure about KENO and KZNT though.

I was then driving home and almost to my house when this guy on 1380 kept on saying KLPZ and then I was sure I got 1380 KLPZ from Parker, Az, country.

So there you have it. Another satisfying day of DX. It appears that Flagstaff has a lot more stations to offer than before. I don't live next to power lines anymore so that helps and I car dx most of the time. Anyway. HEA.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » February 10th, 2006, 8:55 pm

Ell, got all those stations except the CO Springs station. That Parker station I can hear most early evenings, KENO only hear every once in a while. KLO Ive only picked up recently but it can come in pretty clear at night.
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby TheStuboy » February 11th, 2006, 10:42 am

Site updated, maps will be updated once this kang meeting is over this afternoon. KLO can be haerd any time, day or night, here in SLC. I'm really surpsrised you heard it during the day though.

Try to see what is on 540 during the day, you might get Delta, UT.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Two Phoenix Stations in one day...

Postby Kaing of Kaings » February 11th, 2006, 7:24 pm

....you can tell a man from what he has to say. Worlds above and worlds below, sun shines on the black clouds hanging over the domain....

Thats an improvisation of a Crowded House song. Anyway, I got two Phoenix stations today. I got 910 KGME, Sports from Phoenix and 1230 KOY Nostalgia. They were playing some good Stevie Wonder. 910 had some serious KAAF 930 bleed over on the west side of town by the tower but out by my place the bleed was gone. Both were picked up when the sun was out.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » February 11th, 2006, 7:50 pm

So that means there are two 1230s competeing with eachother in AZ. I wish I could hear KUGR from here. I bet I could if I let the radio sit for a while.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Ballflatch

Postby Kaing of Kaings » February 11th, 2006, 8:56 pm

There are actually four 1230s competing for each other in AZ. THere is KAAA from Kaingmon, KINO from Winslow, KATO from Safford and KOY from Phoenix. There is also a 123o in Gallup, NM and one in Las Vegas. It seems to be a pretty popular station for some reason. Hea.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » February 11th, 2006, 9:05 pm

Thats because it is designated a local frequency, like 1240 or 1490. Stations on those frequencies, and there are quite a few, can not broadcast over 1kw, and most stay 1kw at night. KYFO is the 1490 here, KJQS is 1230. 1480 is another one of those local frequencies. There is a station from Spanish Fork here that is on 1480.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Radio room