Sheridan DX - January 2024

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Sheridan DX - January 2024

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 10th, 2024, 9:22 pm

Hea. It is the 20th Anniversary of when I started DXing again in Flagstaff, AZ after a long break during college. To mark it off, I got the first catch of the year in Sheridan today. First off, I confirmed a station I am pretty sure I heard back in November but it was coming in even better tonight. It was 1430 KJAY, Sacramento, CA, Asian, 0.5/0.02. I know that is low power but I 100% heard an Asian flute come in at the end of a song and it matched what I was hearing online.

Next, in the same direction, I got 1260 KSFB, San Francisco, CA, Religious, 5/1. I heard an organ playing what sounded like religious music and it matched the online stream. It was a midnight mass and some Mantha was getting beaten during it.

Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Re: Sheridan DX - January 2024

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 16th, 2024, 8:57 pm

On the day of our lord, 1/16/2024, at approximately 1645, I heard the clear ID of 1260 KROX, Crookston, MN, Oldies, 1/0.5K. It was the first catch on my Rav4's radio. I also confirmed the oldies music online to doubly confirm it. I though I already had this one but hea.

Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Radio room