Sheridan DX - February 2022

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Sheridan DX - February 2022

Postby Kaing of Kaings » February 1st, 2022, 9:40 pm

Hea, this morning, listening in on 1100, I heard local weather on 1100 WZFG, Dilworth, MN, N/T, 50/0.44/5. I was able to confirm it online as well. Hea.

Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Re: Sheridan DX - February 2022

Postby Kaing of Kaings » February 2nd, 2022, 9:56 pm

This morning, 1180 on the dial was pretty quiet. Usually I am trying to get 1180 Bellevue (q white whale station) but KOFI is always blaring over a bunch of stuff. This morning, all I could hear was religious stuff and catholic priest talking about oates with little boys. Turns out it was 1180, KYES, Rockville, MN, 50/5/8. Religious. It was coming in fairly good and matched the online stream. Hea.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » February 8th, 2022, 7:59 pm

Hea. Tonight I spent some quality time DXing after work during the sunset. I was able to hear rock music on 1270. I confirmed online it was 1270, KBZZ, Sparks, NV, Classic Rock, 10/5K. I've been noticing DX conditions have been poorer lately so I was glad to get a catch today.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » February 12th, 2022, 3:36 pm

Yesterday, I heard regional mexican music playing behind KBBS on 1450 AM in the morning on the way to pick up my foofoo coffee. I got home and was able to get it barely on my ETON and confirmed online. 1450, KGRE, Greeley, CO, Regional Mexican, 1K.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » February 13th, 2022, 5:19 pm

Hea, yesterday night, I was able to catch two new stations. First I got 860, KTRB, San Francisco, CA, Talk, 50K. I heard them mentioning San Francisco multiple times and local commercials.

Next I got 1060, KFOY, Sparks, NV, Talk, 5/0.5K. I heard multiple mentions of Fox Sports. At first I thought it was KDUS out of Tempe but before I could check, it got taken over by something else. Then later I was able to hear it again and used the Reno SDR to confirm it was KFOY.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » February 14th, 2022, 9:36 pm

Ell, The DX Gods decided to give me a valentines present tonight. Thanks to the trustworthy Stuboy, I was notified that 1080, KYMN, Northfield, MN, Variety, 1/0.011K was on day power. As soon as he told me, I fired up the Eton and sure enough, I heard it playing Love is the Drug which matched online. After that it was a country song and some reggae Eric Crapton song. Hea.

The DX gods deciding who gets to hear what.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » February 15th, 2022, 7:55 pm

Hea, tonight I got two new stations. First up I got 1290, KGVO, Missoula, MT, N/T, 5K. I was able to match local commercials and the nutback Mark Levin show programing to the online stream.

Next I heard a basketball game on 1580. It was 1580, KAMI, Cozad, NE, Classic Country, 1/0.017. They were broadcasting a basketball game against pig butt city Lexington, NE. Matched online and it wasn't the Evansville station.

Also got 1560, KBEW, Blue Earth, MN, Oldies, 1k. They were broadcasting a basketball game and Stuboy let me know they were on day power.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » February 20th, 2022, 10:12 pm

Hea, tonight thanks to 1540 KXEL being on emergency maintenance, I scored 1540, KXPA, Bellevue, WA, Variety, 5k. At first it was barely coming in but then it started to get clear enough where I heard commercials and then heard "Multicultural Radio KXPA". I also tuned into the SDR on the east side of the Cascades to confirm it. Hea.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » February 22nd, 2022, 8:41 pm

Hea, tonight while sitting on the couch chilling and DXing, I got 1460 KXPN, Kearny, NE, Sports, 5/0.56. It was before sunset and was coming in hazy at first but then got clear enough to where I heard them ID. Also confirmed online.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » February 23rd, 2022, 7:07 pm

Hea, last night, thanks to a hot tip from Stuboy Baggins, I found out 830, KDRI, Tucson, AZ, Oldies 50/1K was on day power still. I fired up the Eton and pointed my antenna southwest but WCCO was way strong. After moving around the house a bit, I was able to hear ABBA, Dancing Queen and confirmed it via online stream. Thanks to the Stuboy for another tip!

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Next

Return to Radio room