Sheridan DX - January 2022

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Sheridan DX - January 2022

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 1st, 2022, 6:37 pm

Ell, Got the first DX catch of the year in Sheridan this afternoon. Just heard, 1490 KCID, Caldwell, ID, Spanish Christian, 1k. It was coming in fairly good here around 1625!

Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Re: Sheridan DX - January 2022

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 2nd, 2022, 8:21 pm

Thanks to the Stuboy DXing in Casper, I got notified that 630, CHED, Edmonton, AB, N/T, 50K was being heard in Casper. I turned on my Eton Radio and pretty much right away heard an ID for CHED. Hea thanks Stuboy!

Also thanks to the Stuboy, right before I went to bed around 10:00PM, he said he was hearing Johnny Mathis on 550. I tuned it there and heard, barely, Chances Are, or what sounded like it. Turns out it was 550, KTRS, St. Louis, MO,Talk, 5K.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 3rd, 2022, 8:03 pm

This afternoon, Stuboy, who is still in Casper, notified me he was hearing 1550, KQNM, Albuquerque, NM, Religious, 10/0.027. I tuned it there and could barely hear some talking. I adjusted my antenna better and heard a guy talking about vaccines which matched online. Hea hea. Thanks Stuboy!

I had to do some errands after work and was driving around town and heard sports on 640. Stuboy said he was hearing religious from Tennessee but I was hearing a fairly strong sports station. I waited and heard local commercials. Turns out it was, 640, KWPN, Moore, OK, Sports, 5/1. I was coming in fairly strong for awhile.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 4th, 2022, 8:28 pm

Hea! Tonight, I was trying to get the 640 out of Tennessee but instead I heard fairly strong latin music. I looked at Radio-locator for any potential suspects but nothing was on there besides Illinois. The Illinois station did not match with online streaming. Next I tried the SDRs. First I tried down in Mexico to see if it was one of those. It wasn't. Then I remembered Cuba and thought this could potentially be a Cuban station. Turns out, it was. I clearly heard 640, CMLA, Las Tunas, Cuba, Radio Progresso, 10K. I think it must of been on a higher power because it almost sounded local. I confirmed it match for match tuning in on the Key West, Florida SDR. Hea!

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 5th, 2022, 8:25 pm

Hea. Today was a good DX day. Started off this morning hearing 1540, KMPC, LA, CA, Asian S0/37K. It was coming in fairly good this morning with KXEL weaker than usual. Confirmed it online although there was no need to as Asian talking and music was clearly coming in.

This afternoon, the Stuboy, back in Minneapolis informed me to try and get 740 WDGY, Hudson, WI, Oldies 5/1. Around 3:00 PM MST, I turned on the radio and focused the antenna east/west. Sure enough, I heard some oldies. I quickly checked the online stream and got a match through a couple songs. Got to love the music stations as they are easy to pick out.

Finally, I had to take the Own to the eye doctor. On the way back, I clearly heard some preacher guy talking on 640. I pulled over and got the live stream on for 640 WCRV, Collierville, TN, Religious, 50/0.48. Sure enough, the stream matched. This wasn't a surprise as the Stuboy heard this in Casper a couple days ago. Hea.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 7th, 2022, 7:35 pm

Ell. This morning I was trolling the graveyards like I have been doing lately and had my antenna pointed SW/NE. I heard fairly strong music coming in and an ID. Turns out it was 1340, KACH, Preston, ID, AC, 1K. It's one of the favorite stations of the Ahguys.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 11th, 2022, 8:25 pm

Ell. This afternoon, around 1645, I got 970, KKRK, Rupert, ID, Classic Rock, 2.5/0.90K. I think I heard it last night but was unable to confirm. I had to download their app in order to hear live and I heard Cum on Feel The Noise online. I heard the same thing although very faintly but it was it for sure over the radio. Hea..

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 12th, 2022, 9:08 pm

Ell. This morning I got two Colorado Stations. Both confirmed with online stream. First was 710 KNUS, Denver, CO, N/T, 5K. It was easy to identify because its the only station that carries the Peter Boyle show, another right wing nut job.

Next up I got 1460 KZNT, Colorado Springs, CO, T, 5/0.54. It's the only station on that frequency that plays the Peter Gallagher show.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 13th, 2022, 6:35 pm

Hea, This morning, I heard 890 KYWN, Meridian, ID, Spanish Christian. I was able to confirm it using the SDR in Weiser, ID.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 18th, 2022, 7:29 pm

Hea, this morning I was trying to hear asian on 1650 from California. Denver's Spanish Christian was overpowering sounding like a local but behind it, I could hear another Spanish guy talking. I used the SDR out of El Paso and sure enough, it was the same monotone Spanish voice. It was 1650, KSVE, El Paso, TX, Spanish Sports, 8.5/0.85. Now if I could just hear some Asian music or Asian talking on that frequency.

Hea even later tonight, I DXed for awhile and was able to hear faintly but surely 1490, KNAM, Silt, CO, Oldies, 0.74K. They were playing the Byrds-Turn Turn Turn online and sure enough, faintly behind KUGR, I could hear the same song. I knew I should have been able to get this one since Justin got this from Casper. Hea.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Next

Return to Radio room