Sheridan DX - December 2020

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Sheridan DX - December 2020

Postby Kaing of Kaings » December 14th, 2020, 9:27 pm

Elll,
Finally back into DXing after an almost 2 year hiatus. I ran out of easy stations in Grangeville and just let the time fly by not thinking about DXing that much. I definitely did, especially during hunting season waking up early in the morning trying to find a new station or at night on my way home from sitting in my favorite hunting place and seeing nothing. Speaking of hunting, tonight I was on the hunt thanks to some tips Stuboy provided. I ended up picking a station that wasn't predicted but fairly easy. Confirmed via online audio. It was 910, KPOF, Denver, CO, Religious, 5/1. Now back in the DX game for a while. Now I have moved to Sheridan and will add to the Stations The Stuboy got a long time ago.

Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Re: Sheridan DX - December 2020

Postby Kaing of Kaings » December 15th, 2020, 10:32 pm

Hea,
Got another station today. Was trying to get 940 Valentine around 1606 local time but had it tuned to 910 instead and I clearly heard an Id for 910, KCJB, Minot, ND, Country 5K. I also confirmed it online. Got with the little Sony Walkman. hea.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » December 18th, 2020, 10:21 am

Hea, last night I got two stations while driving at dusk using the car radio. First off was 1060 KNLV, Ord, NE, Oldies 1/0.023. IT was playing good oldies music and clearly IDed. I also confirmed the music online.

Later, I was able to hear a clearly hear an ID for 700, WLW, Cincinnati, OH, N/T, 50K. I also heard local commercials for Northern Kentucky. This is the furthest station DXed from Sheridan in the lower 48. Hea.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » December 18th, 2020, 7:42 pm

Ell, Tonight while driving to Shiptons to get new boots since my old ones bit the dust, I had the radio tuned to 870 and heard an ID loud and clear for 870 KFLD, Pasco, WA, N/T, 10/0.25. Not sure if it was this station or another but there are plenty of right wing loser radio hosts out there whining about the election and wanting to destroy our democracy. Fuck those sore losers hard is what I say.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Radio room