Central Idaho DX - January 2016

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Central Idaho DX - January 2016

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 4th, 2016, 9:15 pm

Ell, Tonight, loud and clear and confirmed using Iphone, I got 620, KJOL, Grand Junction, CO, Religious, 5/0.079K. Even heard an ID twice without the Iphone so it must of had high power on.

Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Re: Central Idaho DX - January 2016

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 8th, 2016, 8:08 pm

Ell, this morning I got a surprise station that I thought might have gone out a long time ago. Well today, they were broadcasting and it was coming in loud. I got 890 KYWN Meridian, Idaho, Talk (although it was broadcasting in Spanish they IDed clearly in English and said Meridian ID), 50/.250K I thought this station was off the air but now they aren't. You guys may be able to get this if they are on day power.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 22nd, 2016, 11:11 pm

Ell, it's been a great last 2 days for DXing. Yesterday I got 970 KNIH, Paradise, NV, Religious, 5/0.5. It was confirmed over the iphone.

And today, it was even better. It started off by getting clear commercials about 1600 local time for 1060 KFOY, Sparks, NV, Sports, 5/0.5. They also had a local traffic report for Reno and Tahoe area.

Then I switched it over to 1280 and heard oldies music. I quickly used my iphone and heard the same music for 1280 KQLL Henderson, NV, Oldies, 5/0.028. The music was quickly taken over by 1280 from Salt Lake but it was the same songs playing over the iphone.

Hea, I only need 2 more and I am at 400!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 31st, 2016, 7:20 pm

ELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL..............It's official. Grangeville DX has reached 400!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last Friday 1/29/2016, I was DXing in my car on my way to the Gym about 1615 local time and I could hear some really faint music coming in on 830 but not much else. With my iphone, which is quickly becoming the most useful DX assisting tool, I started checking the 830 bands on radio-locator for what it could be. I checked the Canadian one, it wasn't it. I checked the Evanston Wyoming station and they were playing just some guy talking. So that left, 830 KFLT, Tucson, AZ, Religious, 50K/1. KLFT was streaming music and even though it was faint on the car radio, it sounded like what was streaming on the iphone. I waited through one song, a quick talking break where a woman and a guy were talking and another repetitive christian song and sure enough, I was hearing the exact same thing streaming although it was delayed by about a minute. So HEAAAA.

On the way back home from the gym with 830 still on, I was hearing local weather and news information. Then they gave the traffic report for highway 49 up to Nevada City, California. That can only mean I got 830 KNCO, Grass Valley, CA N/T 5K. So now that Grangeville has reached 400...we shall continue on and go further than any DX has before...hheeaaaaaaaa.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » January 31st, 2016, 8:28 pm

830 from Wyoming is Evansville. That was one of our locals in Casper.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Radio room