SLC has a SW station

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

SLC has a SW station

Postby TheStuboy » September 23rd, 2005, 5:42 pm

It doesn't come in well dispite claiming it broadcasts 100kw and its ERP is "2,500,000 watts" (http://www.tbn.org/index.php/2/21.html) I have it on right now, super religious (as TBN tends to be). I was out driving around this aft and found the towers far west of town south of Magna. I also was able snap a picture of the two strange towers, as well as almost go up on top of Farnsworth Peak (plan on it tomorrow). KTBN's transmitter must be having troubles because it is not coming in well and keeps cutting out.

I also have pictures of several towers (AM) in the SLC valley that have yet to arrive online because I'm waiting on getting the rest of the valley before putting them on RTLI. I had no idea SLC had a hess SW station!
Last edited by TheStuboy on October 16th, 2005, 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » September 25th, 2005, 3:27 pm

ha, figures there would be a hess SW station in SLC. Considering all the hesses in the are.

no dx occured while Wuss was in LA this weekend, we did listen to late night unce on indie 103.1
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Return to Radio room