Sheridan DX - December 2022

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Sheridan DX - December 2022

Postby Kaing of Kaings » December 1st, 2022, 9:57 pm

Hea, this morning I got the first station found in December 2022 in Sheridan. Heard it this morning and confirmed it via online stream. It was 1490, KHTC, Malmstrom AFB, MT, Cl Country, 1/0.580K.

Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Re: Sheridan DX - December 2022

Postby Kaing of Kaings » December 3rd, 2022, 7:13 pm

Hea, yesterday evening, I was listening to 1600 trying to get KDAK again like I did in Casper. I kept hearing a religious talk station which I couldn't pin down but then heard country coming in. I checked the live stream of 1600, KNCY, Nebraska, NE, Classic Country, 0.5/0.031 and it wasn't matching up with what I was hearing so I tried to check KNWA out of Arkansas but they have no live stream. So I checked the SDR in Lincoln, Nebraska and they were hearing the same country music I was hearing over the radio fairly easily. I checked some other SDRs by Kansas City and closer to Arkansas and was not hearing Country on 1600. Then after the top of the hour, I couldn't hear country any more on the radio and couldn't hear the game live streaming on the KNCY website either but the Lincoln, NE SDR was hearing the game fairly easily. Their live stream must have been playing something different or was really delayed. Either way I am claiming KNCY. My guess is they were on day power. Hea.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » December 6th, 2022, 9:47 pm

This morning, I was able to snag the 500th find for Sheridan. I was listening to 1230 and heard some oldies music in the background. I heard what sounded like a Dave Clark Five song and then went to the online stream of 1230, KKPC, Pueblo, CO, Adult Hits, 1K. It was barely coming in but it was there. Then the next song came in which I can't remember what it was and it started coming in stronger on the radio and it matched what was playing. Hea!

While driving from work to the YMCA around dusk, I was hearing Mexican music on 1470 and then heard some talking. I was hearing local commercials and then heard they were for North Dakota. I got 1470, KHND, Harvey, North Dakota, AC, 1/0.161K. I was trying to figure out what the Regional Mexican music was but I couldn't get the internet on my phone to work fast enough to open up the stream of the Iowa or the SDR in LA to confirm which one it was. It did sound like the same music coming out of Los Angeles but again I couldn't confirm before the regional Mexican music cut out.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » December 7th, 2022, 9:40 pm

Hea, tonight while driving from work to the YMCA, I was trying to figure out what the Regional Mexican was on 1470. This morning on my way to work I heard it again but couldn't get my stupid phone to bring up the stream until it was too late. I did hear a man and woman talking alternatively and it did seem to match what I was hearing on the stream of 1470, KWSL, Sioux City, IA, Regional Mexican, 2.3/0.069K. After work I could kind of hear it again but once again was having trouble getting stupid cellular data to work. Between going from the Y to home, I heard a lady very faintly singing in Spanish. It was matching what I heard online. I am pretty sure I did get KWSL today and will try again tomorrow. Hea.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » December 9th, 2022, 5:50 pm

Stu, make sure you check the logs. You already had KWSL.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » December 10th, 2022, 12:24 pm

Hea, two days ago on 12/8/2022 I got three stations. The DX gods were smiling. In the morning, while eating breakfast and listening to the Eton. Tuned into 1470 I heard an Asian guy talking. I checked the online stream to 1470, CJVB, Vancouver, BC, Asian, 50K. It was coming in fairly strong.

In the afternoon, I was driving up on the mountain for work, I was on US 16, heading back toward Sheridan west of Buffalo and heard classic rock on 1600. I then heard local commercials and the mention of Carrington, ND. This was a station I have been trying to get since I heard it in Casper over Thanksgiving Break. It was 1600 KDAK, Carrington, ND, Classic Hits, 0.5/0.09K.

lastly, I was back in Sheridan, after work around 4:30, right as I got in the car and turned on the radio, I heard ID for 1470, KBSN, Moses Lake, WA, N/T 5/1K. It was a good day to DX as rapper JD Brown Pants said.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » December 13th, 2022, 9:09 pm

Hea,
Tonight I finally got back into DXing after experiencing a break-in this weekend. I was hearing Boymass music on 1550 and they were playing Mariah Carey Boymass and then James Taylor Boymass which matched what was going on stream for 1550 KESJ, St, Joseph, MO, CH, 2.5/0.5K.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » December 19th, 2022, 9:44 pm

Hea, Tonight I decided to do a DX sesh and see what I could get. Stu recommended 1420 WOC so I tuned to 1420 and was surprisingly not getting much interference from 1410 since it was muffled. I could hear some faint Christmas music on 1420. I checked the online stream and confirmed it was 1420 KJCK, Junction City, KS, Classic Hits (Holiday this time of year) 1/0.5K. They were playing Johnny Mathis Boymass.

Soon 1420 became garbage again because KWYO fixed their issue so I moved over to 1450. I could hear a fiery preacher saying I am going to hell if I am not like him or if you are Kaing or UCBG. I checked the stream on 1450 KJCV which like Justin said, we thought was dead. Turns out it isn't because it was a direct match with 1450 KJCV, Jackson, WY, Religious, 1K. It was coming in fairly well on and off.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » December 21st, 2022, 5:30 pm

Ell, Yesterday was a decent DX day. In the morning while eating breakfast before heading to work. I tuned to 1450 and there were some stations coming in that I could actually understand what they were saying. I got 1450 KBFS, Belle Fourche, SD, 1K, Country. I heard over the radio them talking about Belle Fourche and then got a streaming match online.

Next, on my way to work, I have been trying to get 1470, KIID, Sacramento, CA, Asian, 5/1 for quite a while. I think I heard it last week but yesterday I confirmed it with their online stream while driving to work. Right when I got to work, it came in briefly but was definitely an Indian guy or Arabian guy talking and matched what was going on in the streaming.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » December 24th, 2022, 11:55 am

Elllll. Last night during the Stuboy's DX test trying to get 1100 WCGA out of Georgia, I tuned in to see if I could hear it again (already got it the last one) and see what else was on. Leeroy Turtlehead had some recommendations too that I tried for. First up, I turned on my radio around 10:20 MST and didn't hear any DX test on 1100 but heard music after I nulled KNZZ and it was Bob Dylan-Blowing in the Wind. I asked the good people in the Stuboy's DX test chat box and Stuboy confirmed in front of everyone it was 1100 WTAM, Cleveland, Ohio, N/T, 50K. It came in briefly but I could hear it through my radio speaker and from Justin's stream.

Next up I was hearing a religious zealot guy talking on 1100 in the background. I quickly went over to check the stream of 1100 KFAX, San Francisco, CA, Religious, 50K. Sure enough, it was a match.

I then switched it over to 730 as Ira was saying he was hearing 730, CKGO, Vancouver, BC, Traffic, 50K. I could hear a woman talking in the jumble and went to the Victoria, BC SDR to confirm that it was CKGO coming in.

Finally, I tuned it to 1360 to try and hear a NJ station that was also doing a DX test. I heard gringo music coming in the background after I nulled KRKK. I went to radio-locator to see what Regional Mexican it could be and checked the online stream for 1360 KKMO, Tacoma, WA, Regional Mexican, 5K. Sure enough it was a good match.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Radio room