Sheridan DX - January 2022

Got anything at all to say about either radio towers or scanner frequencies, or anything related to radio in general, here's where you go.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Re: Sheridan DX - January 2022

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 19th, 2022, 7:55 pm

Hea, Tonight driving back from the YMCA, I clearly heard a Catholic radio station on 1140. It was 1140, KGEM, Boise, ID, Religious, 10K. It was coming in fairly good and matched the online stream.

Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 24th, 2022, 7:31 pm

Hea, a couple of DX catches today. This morning I was listening in on 1490 again and heard some commercials about the South Dakota state fair in Sioux Falls and some other farm related stuff. I didn't hear any ID and it didn't quite match online but I think I was slow to get to it before it faded out. I am pretty sure I got 1490, KORN, Mitchel, SD, N/T 1K. This is the band KORN's favorite station.

This afternoon in the YMCA parking lot, I got 610, KONA, Tri-Cities, WA, N/T, 5K. It was coming in fairly strong and I heard a clear ID and everything. Didn't need to confirm online. Hea.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 25th, 2022, 7:11 pm

Hea, this morning while trying to hear the 610 our of Havre MT, I heard faint choir music like the stuff you hear in church. I searched online streams and confirmed I was hearing, 610, KEAR, San Francisco, CA, Religious, 5k. Hea

I decided to DX instead of watching the nightly news and I tuned to 1310. I was hearing Mexican music in the background and checked radio locator for a possible candidate. None of the streamers on there matched. Then I noticed 1310, KZXR, Prosser, WA, Reg Mex, 5/0.066 and used a nearby SDR. Sure enough, it was a match. Hea again.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 28th, 2022, 7:42 pm

Hea, this morning I was able to confirm a station I was hearing yesterday morning. I was hearing some faint country music behind other stations on 980 and the direction was to the south. Turns out it is 980 KMIN, Grants, NM, Count, 5/0.23. I was able to confirm it through the tunein app because they don't have any other way to stream online. Hea.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 31st, 2022, 9:35 pm

Hea, this morning I was trying for 610 KRTA, Medford, OR again. I was pretty sure I heard it last week as I heard some gringo music in the background, my antenna was pointed the right direction and its one of the only stations out west with that format. The online stream, while playing similar music, didn't quite match up with what I was hearing online. I tried using a nearby SDR too but the interference was too bad. Anyway, instead of KRTA, I heard Neil Young - Old Man this morning. I confirmed online it was, CHNL, Kamloops, BC, CH, 25/5K. Hea,

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Previous

Return to Radio room