Another semester of dickheads.

Are you just flat out mad or pissed about something and want to tell someone about it? Something on this site or forum make you mad? Tell us, but be civil if at all possible, yeah right.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Why do people blast music?

Because they are deaf?
No votes
Because they want to impress girls?
50%
Because they are assholes with no consideration for others?
50%
Because they want others to hear their music?
No votes
Because of another reason? (please explain on the forums)
No votes

Total votes : 2

Another semester of dickheads.

Postby TheStuboy » September 19th, 2005, 10:43 pm

Now most of the time I don't get upset when someone is blasting music, just as long as I can't hear it. But when I can feel the bass, and its late at night and I'm trying to sleep, then I have a problem.

Take for example, the fkhead below me. Right now as I write this I can feel my seat vibrate everytime a beat on the song happens. Now I can't hear the song (lyrics wise) unless I turn down Winamp, but I can sure as hell feel it.

My ongoing question is simply: Why? Why go about turning your music up to unimaginable decibles (if you know what those are) and go deaf by the time you're my age? Wtf is the point. Sure music is great, but music is heard best at REGULAR VOLUME! At extremely high decibles, music just sounds like a bunch of garbage singing or whatever into a microphone. Plus you are not only generating sound waves, but these sound waves are moving more than air, they are moving whatever is in hearing range a little bit each time the bass hits.

One certainly unresearched answer was given to me by my theatre professor Mr. William Downs. He said, I believe it is to impress girls and make them say "ooh I want to have his baby." You had to be there to hear this man say this because it was so unexpected and hilarious. Whether or not its the reason that guys blast their music is yet to be seen.

Personally I can't think of a reason why it is done so much. Do people really think that others want to hear what they are playing? Maybe; I did on KDX, but then again that wasn't at 100db.

Do they do it to show off their stereos? Maybe; My computer speakers (which are emitting that strange interference I always hear on the phone lines as we speak) don't have the ability to push 100db, but I really don't care. I'm more concerned about my ability to hear in the future than how loud my stereo can get.

Do they do it to be assholes and piss people off? Normally I'd say yes to this situation, but I digress, geico pioneered car insurance for... oops, I mean, I digress because its just as easy for me to blast bass down to him with my guitar. So in turn, if I want to be an asshole, I can be one muhahaha!!

Well, finishing this arguement out, the guy below me is no longer blasting music as loud as he was at it's start. Maybe playing my bass made him think, "Oh yeah there are other people around that may be able to hear this, I guess I should be considerate..."

Nah, I don't think so.

edit -- After posting this message he cranked the volume up again! No luck! -- /edit
Last edited by TheStuboy on September 20th, 2005, 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

I feel your pain...

Postby Guest » September 19th, 2005, 10:56 pm

:shock: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Wah, Wah WAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Love,

Jenn

Postby leeroy_t » September 20th, 2005, 8:45 pm

ell!!! not again! play your bass really loud to fk with him if he fucks with you. fuck those assholes!
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby TheStuboy » September 23rd, 2005, 3:10 am

Well its 2:08 AM as I write this, and I'm seemingly wide awake because of the fuckhead below me. He has the bass turned up all the way and the volume likewise. I went to bed at 12:30, and now I can't get back to sleep due to the music. Something is going to be done, because I'm tired of this bullshit. I'm going to go down there and tell the asshole to turn it down!
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » September 25th, 2005, 3:29 pm

Ellllll!!!! get em in trouble somehow, get him kicked out
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

GOD FUCKING DAMNIT!!!!

Postby TheStuboy » November 4th, 2005, 3:03 am

Its 1:00AM 3 hours after quiet hours began here in Sage Point Building 810, and yes, I was alseep at one point this evening. Oh thats right I was woken up as 12:15 by the FUCKING ASSHOLES BELOW ME!! I have done everything I possibly can and its clear my R.A. doesn't give a rats ass! I woke him up because I got woken up and i told him that I can hear every single thing the fuckheads are saying below me including, ironically, the word FUCK in all of its forms. Plus I hear the bass of rap music, and occasionally the music. It is right now I'm guessing at 50 db on their stereos as of 1:01 AM. Its time for all out war, I'm going to the RHA center tomorrow and telling them that I've contacted my R.A. several times and he has done nothing, and that these fucking imature freshman keep blasting their shitty ass excuse for music. GOD I could just beat the shit out of something right now. I'm tired, I was woken up, and I sure as hell am FUCKING PISSED!!!
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

I hear ya Stu

Postby Kaing of Kaings » November 4th, 2005, 1:18 pm

Hey Stu,
That reminds me of the first Semester I lived at Chadron in the dorms and the first semester I lived in the Doorms at UW. I had some asshole that lived next to me at UW on the 10th floor. He would play his shitty music, from Elvis to shitty rap at 1:00 in the morning too. I hated that asshole and wanted to throw him out his window. Of course, refrained because I would go to jail andI imagine sodomy is worse than listening to rap music. Anyway, keep going up the chain of commend in the residents life office. Sooner of later, someone will get fired or kicked out. There is no excuse for that shit and you have every right to take those fuckers out (By legal means). Those fuckers will be deaf and working at McDonalds the rest of their life while you are making movies. Fuck those fuckers.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » November 5th, 2005, 4:06 am

First off I wan't everyone to look at what time this message was posted for a confirmation (you can find the time the message was posted directly above the word "first") that ONCE AGAIN I WAS WOKEN UP OUT OF A SOUND SLEEP BY THE SAME PROBLEM AS LAST NIGHT. HERE ITS 2:03 AM AS I WRITE THIS MESSAGE AND YOU GUESSED IT, THE ASSHOLE INCONSIDERATE FUCKS BELOW ME ARE HAVING A PARTY. AT 2 IN THE FUCKING MORNING??? They obviously have no respect what so ever for their fellow, well ex fellow students around them. This is the last draw, I am fucking tired of this. I am emailing RHA as we speak and by tomorrow they will hopefully investigate it, that is unless they are like my chicken shit R.A. and will sit on their asses while I suffer.

May I also remind you that quiet hours began 7 minutes ago, and as you also guessed, no dice its almost as if quiet hour is not a vocabulary word to these fucks.

God I could just go down there and smash their fucking stereos with a baseball bat!
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » November 5th, 2005, 12:37 pm

Sucks ass living in the dorms, its just the same if you live in a hess apartment building. you really need to search for a place where you can see who your neighbors will be. luckily i live in PS which is the Leeroy capital of the world and ppl go to bed at 8 pm.
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby TheStuboy » November 5th, 2005, 1:45 pm

I emailed the head of RHA about this so hopefully something will be done. My roommate Harley heard it too this morning so I have two people who want it stopped. My R.A. said he really couldn't do much about it because he is the 2nd floor R.A. and they are the on the first floor. Oh well, now that the RHA lady has been notified, I foresee this problem stopping, lets hope, I really doubt it will though.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Next

Return to Pissed OFF!