Escape from Metro Book Review

Can't find a topic to your liking? Here would be a good place to post what you want. Go ahead, make my day hee hee.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Escape from Metro Book Review

Postby leeroy_t » January 21st, 2005, 4:36 pm

Written by Justin Stuboy, Escape from Metro is a harrowing tale of four cats and three dogs who escape from the Metro animal shelter in Casper, WY. After escaping the Metro animal shelter, the dogs and cats are chased by the Metro animal control officers who seem more like the German Gestopo. With limitless sums of money to recapture animals they were going to kill anyways, the Metro use their siren equiped armored personnel carriers in a $1,000,000 search for the 7 unwanted animals. After escaping, the stu seven spend most of their time finding food and dealing with one of their fellows flatch problems. After meeting up with Marmalade and Mantha, the animals are shown a hideout on the east side of Casper. After narrowly escaping a beating from an unnamed stuboy, the Metro spot the animals and Mantha is captured. What happens to Mantha we dont know. Marmalade shows the seven how to escape the city, and eventually they hitch a ride on a truck and end up in Hickrock. In Hickrock they are almost captured again by the Metro while raiding a grocery store. The animals hitch another ride and end up in the Black Hills where they meet some racoons that burn down a shack they were staying in. Yes racoons know how to use matches! Having learned that there is a $200,000 reward for their capture and beating, the animals continue east trying to get as far away from Casper as possible. After struggling across the Badlands, the seven catch a train at the Missouri river and ride it to Illinois. At this point one of the hea dogs is captured and probably beaten. What will happen next to our heroes, you will have to read the book.

Overall we found the book very entertaining, in a stu sort of way. Stuboy shows his 4th grade level of writing in his first novel, look for this book to win a stulitzer prize. Justin Stuboy brings to the forefront Casper's eternal struggle with the filthy rich animal sheltering industry whose Nazi like presenece has tormented the city's beatable animals for years. A novel this detailed could only be written by someone with the mantha beating experience Stuboy and few other people have. Good job stu!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

All Quiet on the Ultraflatch Front

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 22nd, 2005, 5:23 pm

Ell, I didn't know Stuboy's book is up for review. Is it even finished? I would like to read it and check it out. Leeroy Turtlehead's review has got me excited and i'm interested to find out what happens to the Mantha in the story although I can pretty much predict what does. If it involves an Orengate, this book promises to be the next American Blood, which I am culminating new ideas for and plan on writting more to it this year. I would like to get a copy of Stuboy's story so I may read it for myself. Hea Hea Hea.
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » January 23rd, 2005, 12:21 am

FYI, the book is not 4th grade writing style, its 2003 freshman college style. This book in some ways mirrors Homeward Bound, which in itself is a little unrealistic. But you can't discredit the story just because of that, after all, it is fiction. No, its not finished either. I have a few ideas I would like to try, but we'll see. The beginning of the story was just recently massively overhauled and is, in a lot of ways, brand new as of last week. It still has bugs, but will be done by next year hopefully. Remember, the book is fiction, I never said it was non-fiction. I WOULD like to make it into a film some day and design it for teenage and up audiences with the level of bad words predominant in the story.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » January 23rd, 2005, 1:38 am

Relax Stu, Olga was nice enough to bring you a drink. I know the book isnt meant to be serious, I just thought it was funny how you make things seem in the book. Anyways I have no idea how you can make it into a movie tailored to adults, if u can do that, u will have a nice career.

As someone who has to corrected college stuboy papers, your writing is on par with their writting.

Who taught Milo all those swear words? hea hea
Last edited by leeroy_t on January 23rd, 2005, 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Hea

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 23rd, 2005, 2:09 am

So can I read the draft copy stuboy, Send it over the email so I can check it out. hea.
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » January 23rd, 2005, 9:00 pm

As far as milo, you never hear how he knows, but most likely from other humans or cats, seeing as how cats can talk in the book. Kaing, I will send it to you tonight if I can.

You should review stus book now.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » January 23rd, 2005, 11:20 pm

Coming soon, a book review of Wuss' book American Blood, A Hea from Glory
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby TheStuboy » January 24th, 2005, 1:43 am

I like how you refered to Metro as the german gestopo, I never thought of that when I was writing it, but I see why you said that.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » January 24th, 2005, 1:14 pm

Thats how I read it. While the Metro employees are dufus', they have all the resources and technology at hand to keep stray Manthas in check. They drive around town with their sirens blaring scaring all Manthas into submission
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby TheStuboy » January 24th, 2005, 4:18 pm

Ha, I see it now, but didn't think about it before. They even catch mantha even though she has a tag on. She does get beaten behind closed doors, but the story and the movie wont let you know that.

In real life though, thats the way it seemed to me (at the time, I was close to 10 years old) that the people at Metro were really rude to us and also didn't care much about their animals, hence the story was written. This was written shortly after Roscoe was run over and taken there by the person who did it.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Next

Return to General Stu Chat