Ray - (Gay)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Ray - (Gay)

Postby Kaing of Kaings » February 25th, 2005, 11:53 pm

Ray Charles was one of the most influential black artist of his time. He wrote such songs as Georga on my Mind and Hit the Road Jack. He also collaborated with Coleflatch and wrote such hit songs as Granny and Tribute to Peachfuzz. You can even see the part where Ray Charles comes to Green River to teach two boys and their dorky dad how to play their instruments. That was my favorite part of this movie. (Spoiler)

Ray starts out with Ray in Northern Florida back in 1949 as he trys to catch a bus to Seattle Washington to go an see the Jimmy Hinderix Experince and hang out with Leeroy Turtlehead. While in Seattle, he meets Quincy Jones and they start a Coleflatch band together. From there, Ray's career takes off. Even though he was blind for most of his life, he could still play piano like the Kaing and score with the ladies. His life was troubled with drug use though and it was all because the Midget from Willow wanted to get Ray high. Anyway, the movie goes on and on and no one seems to know what is going on.

Ray is a good movie but I don't think it was excellent. Jamie Foxx did a good job playing Ray Charles but the movie flashes back and forth and has fade outs where it seems it shouldn't. Granted. it's difficult to tell anyones life story in 3 hours, I never quite connected with the film. Maybe it was because I was watching it on my small 8 inch screen, or maybe it was because I am tired. The movie was slow at times and I kept on wanting explosions to go off to keep up the pace. At times, I didn't know whether to feel sorry for Ray or to not care and maybe that was the point. The point is, I think Jamie Foxx or Leonardo Decaprio both did outstanding jobs and they should duke it out for who wins at the Oscars since Paul Giamatti didn't get a nomination.

Overall, I give the movie about 2 and 3/4 stars out of four. I really didn't connect to anyone in this film and wanted to buy a Mantha to beat so the movie would move faster. Speaking of buying a Mantha to beat, I will probably be getting a mantha this summer when I find a house or townhouse to buy. Then I can have a beatfest everyday. BEAT.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews