Mean Creek - (Mean Squeak)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Mean Creek - (Mean Squeak)

Postby Kaing of Kaings » February 23rd, 2005, 11:37 pm

Have you ever held a grudge against the fat kid in middle school that always beat you up....especially when you stole his camera while he was filming in Stuboyvision a shitty basketball game. Well if you have, you can relate to Rory Culkin (yes McCaulay Calkin's younger brother) in this movie.

Rory is tired of putting up with this bully and he contimplates a plan to get revenge with his brother and his friend. Leeroy Turtlehead's younger self also stars in this movie and he has two Gay Dads to help him on his quest.

Anyway, this is the basic premise of Mean Creek, boy meets kid, kid beats up boy, boy wants to get revenge with his friends, and it all takes place in Oregon, possibly my future home with my beautiful Asian (Or other wise any girl which I would presume as my) wife. Mean Creek is a good independent film that, for me at least, built up the susspense. I knew what was going happen but it still was intense building up to it.

Overall, I think the actors did a good job, especially Scott Mechlowicz who was the Scotty doesn't know guy in Eurotrip. I would recomend this movie to anyone who likes bully movies or who likes Stand by Me which also took place in Oregon. The movie is small but effective. Stuboys are stu, and concequenses are paid because of it. I would recomend this movie to Stuboy and Leeroy Turtlehead if they have time to observe. This is Anderson Cooper signing off saying the world may be 360 degrees but my ass is only 180.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » April 18th, 2005, 12:52 am

I was finally able to view this movie tonight and I agree with Anderson.

However, I must say the ending was kind of lame and it left me hanging. I wanted more action then what I got. At times it was slow, and at times it was good. I especially like the guy who looks and talks like a younger Brad Pitt.

I give this movie 2 1/2 stars.

It was still missing a few of the basics of good movie making.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews