Million Dollar Baby (Million Dollar Movie)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Million Dollar Baby (Million Dollar Movie)

Postby TheStuboy » February 20th, 2005, 8:03 pm

Clint Eastwood just came off directing one of the slowest thrillers to date: Mystic River (Mystic Sean Penn) and here comes his oscar nominated millions of dollars baby.

The movie stars Clint of course (hoarse voice and all), and also has Morgan Freeman (whom is looking older and whom's gut is growing in size) as well as Hilary Swank.

You can go to Yahoo Movies to find the general plot outline, but I'm going to cut to the chase about what I thought.

First of all, Clint is getting older and older and OLDER. His character at times is a little dry, and at other times he can be going hea hea hea on some guy in the boxing ring.

Morgan Freeman has a key role in this flick, but it is overshadowed by Clint's constant turtle need to be on camera, so he narrates.

Hilary Swank does well in this role and is very convincing for being a girl from Missoura.

The film making is not any different than any other film I've seen. It at times mirrored Mystic River in the fact that at times, it was slow, and gradually it picked up towards the end, then gets slow again.

The story is pretty original as well, I enjoyed it. They didn't have to spend 2 hours explaining it though.

Like I said, at times it is a slow as Mystic River, but it has its unique moments where the movie differs from Clints previous works. I can kind of see why it is up for an oscar, but I still hope something else wins.

Freddie Farz Jr. viewed tihs film on 2/20/05 @ 3:30 PM MST.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Million Dollar Baby - (Million Dollar Mantha)

Postby Kaing of Kaings » July 20th, 2005, 12:12 am

Ok, I rented this on VHS and watched it on my shitty VHS recorder. Damn you Phillips for making me buy your shitty product...damn you. Anyway, I saw this movie and I would have to say, I mostly agree with Stuboy.

At times, I couldn't understand what Morgan Freeman and Clint were saying. But other than that, it was Oscar material. I still don't know about best picture (I still like Sideways better) but oh well. There wasn't any Lord of the Rings movie worth rooting for so last season was kind of lame duck if you ask me. Anyway, I give this movie about 3 out of 4 stars for stellar performances by all the cast. As for the controversy which had all the republicans and Christians uptight, get a life guys (No Pun Intended ;) ). There are more important things to worry about now like the economy, jobs, Iraq, which Desperate Housewife is going to queef during the next season, whether you bought toilet paper after eating a chalupa from taco bell......................................
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews