True Grit - (Stu Shit)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

True Grit - (Stu Shit)

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 3rd, 2011, 10:00 pm

Ok, the title of this post is misleading. The movie isn't stu and isn't shit by a long shot. I am just running out of different titles to use.

True Grit is the Coen brother's latest movie. They have been busy in the last part of the decade making a movie every year since 2007. Now they have remade the old John Wayne movie based on a novel by Charles Portis. This time, Jeff Bridges plays "Rooster" Cogburn, the drunken, eye patched US Marshal hired by Mattie Ross played by Hailee Steinfeld. Maaaattt Daaamon plays a Texas Marshal out to get Tom Chaney played by Josh Brolin. Tom killed Mattie's father and now she is out for retribution. Like the old movie, they go on a chase into Indian Territory (Oklahoma for you who don't know your history), to get Tom.

Like most of the Coen brother's latest movies, they are good but not great. Their last good movie was No Country for Old Men but that was no masterpiece. This is no masterpiece. One of the stronger parts of the movie was new-comer, Hailee Steinfeld. She could stand on her own with Jeff Bridges and Matt Daaamon. I also liked Josh Brolin and his ridiculous accent along with the bad toothed Barry Pepper.

If you liked the original True Grit, I would see this one. It's not as hokey has John Wayne's and from what I understand, this plays closer to the original novel. 4 out of 5 stars. Hea.

To think, she could have been a heart beat away from the Presidency. It would take True Grit to survive her administration.

Mattie: "How come it always smells like fart and cream of broccoli soup in that direction?"

Rooster: "That's from the town of Lewiston over yonder. That is where the pass-gas refineries produce fart power. Now can you get that fart sniffen face off your face. We's got to get moven."
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews