The King's Speech - (The KAING's Speech)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

The King's Speech - (The KAING's Speech)

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 2nd, 2011, 9:15 pm

While in San Antonio, TX with the In-Laws, we decided to go and see a movie. We pretty much agreed on The King's Speech and went to see it at a theater where you can order dinner, beer, wine, what ever floats your butt, and eat it in the theater while you watch the movie. They have little tables you can put your food on. It's a pretty neat experience. Anyway, onto the review.

The King's Speech is about King George VI (the excellent Colin Firth) who had a bad stammer and couldn't speak in public. He would try but would end up embarrassing himself. The country at the time must of thought he was an idiot like GWB. Anyway, the Kang's wife hires speech therapist
Lionel Logue played by Geoffrey Rush. Through the years, he begins to help the King speak better. The King's voice is needed now more than ever before the outbreak of WWII in Europe. Can the Kang fix his stuness before then?

Now I know what you are saying, this sounds boring. Most stuffy British film (they make one every year for consideration at the Oscars) are boring. This one is actually entertaining. Granted it had some spots where it seemed like it could get slow, it picks up after that and keeps you watching. Now that is just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions...but I actually enjoyed it. I will say that if the film did not have excellent performances by the three leads, Firth, Rush and Helena Bonham Carter, it would have probably sucked balls. Needless to say, 4 out of 5 stars. Expect this to get some Oscar consideration.

Kang: "Testies, Testies...One...Two..cc.ccc.cc.....Threee."
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews