The Social Network - (The Facebook Movie)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

The Social Network - (The Facebook Movie)

Postby Kaing of Kaings » October 11th, 2010, 12:54 pm

Yes, it is a movie about the founding of Facebook.com and yes, it may sound like it would be boring to watch. But I assure you, it is not boring and it is good. In fact, this is the first serious contender for the Oscars this year and I would say, as of now, deserves the best picture. Not only that, David Fincher for Best Director, Aaron Sorkin - Original Writing, Jessie Eisenberg -Best Actor, Andrew Garfield - Best Supporting or even Justin Timberlake - Best Supporting.

The movie chronicles Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg (Eisenberg) and his Harvard roommates and friends in the founding of Facebook. It tells the story through court files from the people who sued Zuckerberg, including his best friend Eduardo Saverin (played excellently by Andrew Garfield). I won't give much away, but it is worth watching. Fincher (who hasn't made a bad film in my opinion...ok Benjamin Button or Alien 3 was probably the weakest but I blame that on the story), is at the top of his game here. Expect to see this movie at the Oscars.

4.5 stars out of 5.

Yes, that is Joseph Mazello. He's making a comeback after staring in The Pacific this year.

Timberlake: "It's like I said, one you make fartbook, you will get all kinds of hits. It will be the number one website of all time."
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews