Kick Ass - (Not So Suck Ass)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Kick Ass - (Not So Suck Ass)

Postby Kaing of Kaings » April 25th, 2010, 2:05 pm

While on training in Bozeman (yes I drove my own car since I don't have my govt license yet so I can drive places), I decided to go and see a movie at the Bozeman Theater which is already better than the Harkins Theater in Flagstaff. They have comfy arena seating.

Anyway, I was going to see Clash of the Butt Krakenn which displayed online as showing at 7:25 pm. It also showed up on the screen at the ticket booth so I thought it was a sure thing. Turns out, a show no one was probably watching (The Kenny Chesney Concert Experience in 3D) was playing instead of the Butt Kraken at that time. The previous Clash had already started. I was wondering, who really wants to pay good money to see Kenny Chesneys ass and farts in 3D? Anyway, Kick Ass was playing and hadn't started yet. So I decided to see that especially since Stuboy recommended it.

Kick Ass seemed like one of those spring movies that could be really good or interesting like 300 and Watchmen were. It stars McLovin as Red Mist, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, some newcomer Aaron Johnson as Kick Ass, Chloe Moretz as the show stealing Hit Girl and Nicholas Cage as the Gay Dad... I mean Big Daddy.

(Minor Spoilers)
The movie starts out kind of in familiar territory about a young man aspiring to be not such a loser but being one anyway. Soon he schemes to become his own super hero after being bullied by two thugs. He thus becomes Kick Ass and the story goes on from here. Kick Ass inspires some other people to be super heros too (Hit Girl and Big Daddy). I don't want to spoil Red Mist's role in this but you can kind of see where he will end up as the story progresses.

Let me just say that Hit Girl steals the show in every scene she is in. Even though she is only 13, she is the most deadly out of all the heros and everyone in the audience seemed to go crazy when she came on screen. She is a violent lethal Buki beating machine. The other hero's and villans have important roles too and it all ends in one flatulent explosion.

The story was pretty interested and kept me intuned. I have a feeling that if I was 10 years younger, this movie would have been super Kick Ass. That's not to say that I didn't like it. I actually think this is the best film of 2010 so far. Maybe I'm just getting older. More mature if you will. That being said, a solid 4 out of 5 stars. One of the better super hero films in a long time.

This poster kind of reminds me of the UBSTUdios film idea for The Stuperheros
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews