Up in the Air - (Up in the B#tt)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Up in the Air - (Up in the B#tt)

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 18th, 2010, 10:52 pm

Yesterday, in Spokane, we saw Up In the Air which is Jason Reitman's latest directorial foray. You may remember such films as Juno and Thank You for Face Farting he directed. This is his best yet.

I wont give you too much about the film but its about life being up in the air and trying to find out the right path for yourself. It deals with George Clooney firing people for bosses who are too chicken shit to fire their own employees themselves. He flies around the country terminating people for a living when he suddenly has a midlife crisis. He must choose between eternal flatch or settling for flatch.

I really enjoyed it and thought it was well acted. Vera Farmiga (The Departed) was hot and gave an oates worthy performance including a nice oates shot (I heard it was a body double). Anna Kendrick was good too and she is almost your age Stu. She was hot even with the chipmunk voice. I thought the writing was pretty good and there were no points where I was tempted to check my watch. It's more of a grown up movie so those expecting continuous explosions or tons of oates will be disappointed, but I can see why it is considered for best film at the Golden Globes and probably the Oscars. This is actually my number 2 best film of 2009 so far (A list will come out later) and I enjoyed it more than Avatar. 4.3 stars out of 5 for this one. Let's hope Jason Reitman continues this trajectory, Thank You For Smoking (OK to Good), Juno (Gook but not Oscar Worthy) and Up in the Air (Pretty Darn Good).

It was then that George Clooney new his fart had accomplished its mission. While Anna squinted at the terrible storm headed her way, George just sat back and began to develop a tender smile. "Oh, this is the life" he thought as another toxic cloud came from behind.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews