Invictus - (Ballicus)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Invictus - (Ballicus)

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 3rd, 2010, 5:43 pm

On New Years Day, my woman and I drove to Lewiston to get some post Xmas shopping done and to catch a movie. The choice was between Holmes and Invictus...We obviously chose Invictus, but I still want to see Holmes. Especially since Stuboy liked it so much.

This was the first movie of 2010 we saw (it was released last year so it will be considered for last years best picture list), at the beginning of the fake decade. Just like the real millennium stared Jan 1 2001, the new decade doesn't really start until Jan 1 2011. This is just the end of the Aughts, 00's. But I digress.

Invictus is about Nelson Mandela (played superbly by Morgan Freeman), the first black president of South Africa and his quest to unite the blacks and whites of his country by making the South African rugby team win the world Fungalblast Championship. Mandela finds an unlikely ally in his quest in the team captain of the Springboks, Francois Pienaar played by Mmmmatt Daaamon. You can pretty much tell what goes on from here from the previews or if you know your South African history.

I thought the movie was a good film. Another notch in Eastwood's belt who directed this, and I hope he keeps on directing more. The acting was all good as well and the story, while predictable at times, is still good and you end up cheering for the Rugby team in the end..hea. I give this movie 3.75 stars out of 5.

God. This has to be the dorkiest poster ever for a movie. Glad they went with something else.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews