The Men Who Stare at Goats - (The Men Who Stare at Butts)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

The Men Who Stare at Goats - (The Men Who Stare at Butts)

Postby Kaing of Kaings » November 9th, 2009, 12:35 pm

Yesterday, my woman and I saw Men Who Stare at Butts. Now most men happen to be men who stare at butts. Heck, I have even stared at butts of those of the opposite sex. It can be fun sometimes and its a good way to waste time while your taking a walk or going shopping with your wife while getting bored. Anyway, back to the movie.

The Men Who Stare at Goats stars George Clooney, Ewan McGregor, Jeff Bridges and Kevin Spacey. Like the previews show, its about psychic soldiers trained to fight the enemy with their mind and not their butts. Unfortunately, like the previews, many of the funny scenes are in the preview and lose their effectiveness when they are on the big screen. It's not that this is a bad movie. It has some funny parts and some parts that bordered on greatness, especially in the first part of the film. But towards the end, the wheels start coming off and the movie ends in a kind of stu scene at an army base in Iraq. The acting is pretty good and sometimes over the top but the characters keep it interesting.

Overall, I would have to give it 3.65 stars out of 5. Don't expect this one to get any Oscars. I'm not sure if that is what it was going for anyway though. It's kind of like Hanna Montana winning on Oscar for playing Miley Cyrus.

The dude abides in this film. The dude abides.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews