Paranormal Activity - (Paranormal Flatchtivity)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Paranormal Activity - (Paranormal Flatchtivity)

Postby Kaing of Kaings » October 18th, 2009, 8:55 pm

Paranormal Flatchtivity is when you are with someone and you smell a fart. No one knows where it came from or who did it but it's there and the evidence is all around you...especially in your nose. The phenomenon is also known as SBD, Silent But Deadly.

My wife and I just saw a movie about that only it was called Paranormal Activity. Paranormal Activity is the latest IT movie and it is known as one of the scariest movies ever. I am not going to give anything away about the movie, because I don't want to spoil anything. Lets just say, my wife thought it was a freaky movie, and I agree. I don't get scared or jumpy too often at the movies but I was during this movie. I was more tense than scared, but it gets you sometimes. This is an audience movie and the audience makes the experience more fun. There were teeny bopper girls screaming at certain points and it got real loud. There were also parts where jumping occurred and one part in particular where I was going back into my seat.

I will give this movie 4 stars out of 5 for being pretty scary at times and the movie experience. I don't think it would be as good on the small screen so see it in the theaters if you have a chance.

When you spoon in this place you better do it fast. You never know whats coming at you.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » October 19th, 2009, 2:25 am

I don't know if I liked it as much as stu did.

This review is skimpy because I too do not want to spoil it but lets address this film.

It is very similar but better than Blair Witch Project. The entire film is filmed on a video camera which I believe is a Sony with 24p to make it look more like film. It may even be an HD camera.

There are moments when you think something is going to happen, only to be scared seconds later than you thought, making you go HEA!

I was similar to Stu, in that I usually don't jump or flinch in movies, but this was different.

For a 15,000 dollar budget, the special effects (what little there were) look good. I happen to know that most of those effects were done very simply, using some in camera tricks that film nerds will be able to spot.
When I heard there was sfx, I thought, oh, computer generated ghosts and such... no, this is bare bones, and is a testament that CGI is NOT always the way to go.

I give it 3.6 stars out of 5. Not bad, but not perfect either.

Schweeu, now I see why you didn't want me to tape us sleeping, your farts are scarier then the ghost!

On a side note, watch out for

Flatulent Activity, coming soon to a Youtube near you. It's in the can, just needs to be edited and uploaded. Shot in 1 hrs time right after I saw the movie. I think you'll like it.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews