Couples Retreat - (Cobblebutt Retreat)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Couples Retreat - (Cobblebutt Retreat)

Postby Kaing of Kaings » October 11th, 2009, 2:31 pm

l Yesterday night, I was torn between finishing The Dark Knight (I was halfway through the film and at the scene where the truck the Joker is in does a 180 vertically), and going out on a girls night with my wife and some of her friends. Couples Retreat was the only thing that just came out that I hadn't seen, and I have admit I was somewhat curious. Without the fear of being thought gay since I am married, I decided on going to the newest Vince Vaughn farce with the girls...hea hea hea.

I wasn't expecting much for this film. In fact I was expecting it would suck balls. It is directed by the Christmas Story's own Ralphie Parker, Peter Billingsley and it got a 10% on the tomatometer at Rottentomatoes.com. So how was the film. There were some funny parts, mostly coming from Jon Favreau, but other than that, it was kind of stu. That's not to say that it wasn't watchable, it was for the most part, but it was written by Vince Vaughn and Jon Favreau, and I think they could have made the film much more better. Some of the jokes were stale and the whole Guitar Hero scene was stupid and not really funny. They pretty much took all the funny parts and put them in the preview. When the studio does that, you know your in for a possible stinker.

Go and see this if you dare but lower your expectations. Expect a lot of bickering between the couples at the retreat and a cheesy make up scene that is totally unrealistic between Jon and Kristin Davis. In reality, none of these couples would make it because they all have deep seeded stupidness problems. I give the film 2.75 stars out of 5. Let's hope Ralphie's next movie is better.

It's the butt profile.

Jon: "If I have to sit through another screening of Sex in the City, I am going to take that Mantha and Buki over there and beat. "

Kristin: "Like you have ever watched that movie...like...like who farted?"
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews