Hitch (the cure for the common flatch)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Hitch (the cure for the common flatch)

Postby TheStuboy » February 13th, 2005, 12:35 am

Just got back from seeing this at the a FOX theatres here in Laramie, and I must say, dis had to be duh funniest chick flick I've seen since Ernest Goes to New York to Help Guys Get Laid.

The movie stars Will Smith (as Hitch), Eva Mendes (seen in 2 Flatch 2 Furious), Kevin James (Kaing of Queens) as well as a few unrecognizeable stus.

For a chick flick, it runs god awfully long (almost 2 hours) and has periods of slowness and periods of semi funny farting and a food allergy incident which is surprisingly stu (yet funny). Will Smith fits the role he is in well, though he stumbled a bit at some of the points. Eva Mendes, who was the high flying fart powered girl in Once Apon a Time in GR, (2003) does not do well however. Her character is often annoying and gets old real fast.
Kevin James reprises his role from KANG of Queens as the loveable, yet absent minded spirit that comes to visit Will in his bed by saying something about pestacios, which I thought was a good take on that mickey's xmas charol although everything I just said doesn't happen in the movie. Basically Kevin is a loser, who, in the end (SPOILER) gets the hot anal retentive chick thanks to hitch, the cure for the common flatch.
Its a series of misadventures that includes Spider man flying around battling Doc Oc which was being filmed at the same time, (not really.)

I also did notice some (2 big ones) continuity errors in the beginning that will probably be noted (by me) on movie-mistakes.com soon.

I'm not going to waste time telling the story since the previews do that for you, but it was entertaining, yet slow and too long at times. It was also predictable, because, as I said, the preview gives everything this movie has to offer away.

Overall this movie has its good funny moments, and it has it's slow ass moments where you look at your watch. Funny, the movie sold out and there wasn't an open seat in the house, wonder why people thought this movie was good.

I give it 2 1/4 stars out of 4, because, while entertaining, chick flicks aren't my thang. Kang Kang

Freddy Kang Farz Jr. Esteemed Flatching critic.
This movie was viewed on 2/12/05.
EDIT - Eva Mendes was also in Out of Time with Denzen, another explosive, edge of your toilet gangsta thriller available now on DVD.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Hitch - (Didn't Cure My Flatch)

Postby Kaing of Kaings » July 10th, 2005, 11:55 pm

I was told by a lady at work that I should watch Hitch and take some notes since im still looking for that special someone...awwwe. Anyway, I rented the movie and took notes with my invisible pen.

This movie starts out ok but I noticed one of the big plot holes right away (Spoiler). That Kaing of Queens guy quits his job at work and yet he is still there after it. How stu. I wont go into too much detail since Stuboy already gave the run down. However, I will say that if the UBSTUDIOS film "Wingmen" ever gets made, it will be funnier then this. Maybe we can get Eva Mendes to star in it too.

I also think that at every ending of a UBSTUDIOS movie, we should have a dorky dancing scene at a wedding where all the main Ubstudios actors in the film get up and start dorky dancing and stinking up the dance floor with all those other hesses. That way, all our movies would end just as gaily as Hitch did. Overall, I give it about 2 stars out of 4 because it did have some good pointers, the moral of the story is none of them work...just be yourself and don't use the Common Flatch to do it for you. DOH< thats my problem, I use the Common Flatch too much. I better use Gas-X on my next date.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews