The Informant! (The I'mboredant)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

The Informant! (The I'mboredant)

Postby TheStuboy » September 26th, 2009, 11:54 pm

Short review:

Kenzie and I saw this Wednesday night, because nothing else decent was playing.

The Informant! is Steven Soderbergh's latest entry into his directing basket. His films include the likes of Ocean's 11-13, and Flagic (Traffic). Typical to SSs movies, this one is lit weird, and the use of steadycams is optional.

The Informat! stars Matt Daaamon and tells the true story of Mark Whitacre, who in the 1990s, worked for the FBI to bring down his company based on price fixing. That is pretty much it. The film is a lot of talking and moving around, and going from place to place, as time progresses.

While the acting is good on behalf of all cast, the film didn't connect very well with me. I kept wondering when it was going to end, and there were a few moments but it just kept going and going and going.

Pretty much the funny moments in the film are in the preview. I don't know what side of this film they are selling, but whatever it was, they didn't sell me.

You can tell you're in a soderbergh film. The film has its own style, and all of the lights are fuzzy.

I had a lot of problems with this film, mainly how slow and sluggish it was. I also found it to be not very interesting in the end. Shame shame Steven, you can do better. The lack of action really kills this film.

2.9 stars out of 5. Good effort, and good acting, but slow and boring in general.

Please note, the sounds you're about to hear on this wire are radiating out of my, my, uh, buttocks, and are, uh, going into a toilet.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews