Public Enemies - (Pubic Enemas)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Public Enemies - (Pubic Enemas)

Postby Kaing of Kaings » July 4th, 2009, 3:59 pm

Yesterday, we saw Michael Mann's latest Digitally filmed film Public Enemies. I must say, the cast is impressive with Johny Depp, Christian Bale, Stephen Dorff, captain blue balls himself (Watchmen's Billy Crudup) and even Jimmy (Giovanni Ribisi) has two brief cameos.

The movie chronicles John Dillinger's (Depp) and his gang's downfall. The movie takes place all over the the Midwest including Chicago and Wisconsin. They even had a scene (it probably wasn't filmed in Tuscon) at the Hotel Congress where we stayed in January to do a ghost investigation, see IMPS site.

Overall, my biggest complaint about this movie is the digital filming that Mann uses. In Collateral, it worked and it wasn't too noticeable most of the time. In this film, you can see zits on the actors faces and the makeup looks terrible in some scenes. Especially on J. Edgar Hoover's face (Crudrup).

I won't give too much of the story away, but another thing I must say is the movie is slow at times. There is one scene that takes place in Northern Wisconsin that is pretty cool but other than that, even the back robberies are kind of boring.

I guess I never really connected with this movie like I thought I would. Michael Mann's movies are kind of hit and miss anyway. There are his good movies like Last of the Mohicans, Collateral and Heat, and then there are the not so good movies like Miami Vice. This movie is somewhere in between. I kept on waiting for this movie to end which usually isn't a good sign. 3.4 stars out of 5.

It was at that movement that Bruce Wayne realized he was not in a Batman movie but in a Public Enemies Movie. Maybe it was American Psycho. Either way, he had to get a new pair of underwear.

This Public Enemies poster is in Mellonhead Vision with a fat Johny Depp.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews