The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 - (The Taking of Denzen 1, 2,4?)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 - (The Taking of Denzen 1, 2,4?)

Postby Kaing of Kaings » June 28th, 2009, 6:47 pm

Yep, that's right. Last night we had the urge to see a movie. We could of seen Ballformers 2 but that was sold out and it was packed with Hessians. We could of seen My Sisters Sqeaker but knew it was going to be sappy. Since we have seen almost everything already out, we decided to see The Taking of Denzen 123 which is a remake of a movie based on a book.

The movie is directed by Tony Scott who, as far as i'm concerned, hasn't made a good movie since Enema of the State in 1998. He usually has a bad case of shaky stuboy camera vision and his cinematography is usually nauseating. This time, he pulls back a little on the stuboy cam which is a good thing.

Taking stars Denzen Washington as a MTA dispatcher who gets a shitty call from John Travolta as the crazed subway train hijacker, Ryder. If you have seen the previews, you know he hijacks a train and demands ransom for the passengers. And if his demands aren't met, he will blow up one major bowling pin in each city...each week until his demands are met. Now it's up to Denzen and the Jesus, John Turturro, to talk him out of it. The mayor, who looks like my old boss, is played by James Gandolfini who passes gas on subway trains to get votes.

I wont give away the ending but I will tell you that the movie is actually entertaining and maybe Tony Scott is returning from the brink, or maybe this is just a fluke. Besides what other movie this year will have a random, no reason one second scene with Gandolfini coughing. Seriously, there is a scene in this movie where he coughs and it has nothing to do with anything. Maybe that's Tony's Stuboy editor Tyler Durden adding random scenes. Anyway, the story keeps you interested.

I will give this movie 3.8 stars out of 5 for now and it is one of the better action films of the year so far. I kind of want to see Ballformers 2 but I have to dumb myself down first and just remember that Michael Bay never uses a story for his work. Here's to Denzen and Travolta. Ones a Badass and the other is a Denzen.

Travolta, "Alright. The first hostages I will kill are anybody on this train who looks like the cowboys from Brokeback Mountain. If I see any of you on this train, your number is up. In the meantime, I will perform my own special version of YMCA for you all to dorky dance to."

This is a poster for the sequel of Taking of Pelham 1 2 3. It's called, the Taking of Grumpy Old Men by Jaws.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews